Wednesday Night Ride - 6PM - weather permitting, etc etc

Mary Hughes

Jun 2, 2015, 3:15:20 PM6/2/15
to triadc...@googlegroups.com
This:
Inline image 1
might keep us off the roads tomorrow evening.  Here are the official Wednesday Night Weather Rules:

The Hughes' Guide to Ride Cancellations:

  • If it's 100F+ on the bank sign - we cancel
  • If it looks like rain - we ride
  • If it might rain - we ride
  • If someone sees rain on their smartphone app - we ride
  • If the TV radar shows clouds in Kernersville - we ride
  • If it's lightening in the distance to the west or south - we ride
  • If it sprinkling in the parking lot - we vote!
  • No. of times we've gotten wet since March 21st:  0
And lastly, if we decide to ride and the sky grows black in the direction we are riding, we recalculate!  At least, that's what we do on the back...the A-Group has been known to cycle directly into a hail storm....then talk about it for weeks.....

WEDNESDAY NIGHT RIDE - 6PM
Parking lot between Chick-FilA and the Shoppes at North Elm, on Pisgah Church Rd., 1 block east of N. Elm St.
  • Ride starts at 6PM
  • Cue sheets provided
  • Route options
    • 1) Rainy-day loops.  An 11.5 mile loop that's never more than 4 miles from the car.  (limits the amount of time you spend soaked to the bone).  Repeat if dry.
    • 2) 25 or 34 miles - cue sheets below for GPS Addicts
  • Dinner afterwards, across the parking lot, on the patio of Il Mediterraneo.  Everyone is invited!
Brought to you in Year 9 by:  Mary & Rick Hughes

25 MILES

R        PISGAH CHURCH RD

R        SCOTT RD

L        SUMMIT AVE

R        REEDY FORK PKWY

R        TURNER SMITH

R        McLEANSVILLE RD

L        HICONE RD

R        RED CEDAR RD

R        HUFFINE MILL RD

R        CAMP BURTON RD

R        RANKIN MILL RD

L        HICONE RD

L        SUMMIT AVE

R        BRIGHTWOOD SCHOOL RD

L        LEES CHAPEL RD

          RETURN TO PARKING LOT

34 MILES

R        PISGAH CHURCH RD

R        SCOTT RD

L        SUMMIT AVE

R        REEDY FORK PKWY

R        TURNER SMITH

L        McLEANSVILLE RD

R        HWY 150 EAST

R        MIDDLESTREAM RD

L        TURNER SMITH

R        PAYNE HARDY

L        RIVER TRACK

R        HIGH ROCK RD

R        HUFFINE MILL

R        CAMP BURTON

R        RANKIN MILL RD

L        HICONE RD

L        SUMMIT AVE

R        BRIGHTWOOD SCHOOL RD

L        LEES CHAPEL RD

          RETURN TO PARKING LOT

Elizabeth Southern

Jun 3, 2015, 4:27:59 PM6/3/15
to triadc...@googlegroups.com
Anyone riding?

Mary Hughes

Jun 3, 2015, 4:40:17 PM6/3/15
to lizsou...@gmail.com, triadc...@googlegroups.com
The ride is still on, since it's not wet.  I will be there with cue sheets.

On Wed, Jun 3, 2015 at 4:27 PM, Elizabeth Southern <lizsou...@gmail.com> wrote:
Anyone riding?