A narrow miss while riding

Rob Seltzer

Jul 10, 2014, 7:36:46 PM7/10/14
to triadc...@googlegroups.com

Cyclists, please be aware while riding on Church Street. A driver for Bobby's Plumbing and Pump of Greensboro (NC plate # AZ3457) actively swerved at the group I was riding with this afternoon. My group was stopped at the light on Church St. waiting for the light to change so we could cross Wendover heading north. The driver revved his engine and inched up behind our stopped bikes. When the light turned green, the male driver blew his horn, passed on the left (with minimal clearance) and then swerved back to the right missing the lead rider by about a 12-18 inches and then sped off. Upon contacting the company, we were informed that "We should not be in the road". This was a four lane section of road. Three drivers passed on the left and Bobby's Plumbing and Pump was the only vehicle behind us. Be careful out there. I, for one, will never do business with this company.
Rob

Ian Joyce

Jul 10, 2014, 7:39:21 PM7/10/14
to Googlegroups, triadc...@googlegroups.com
Rob, have you considered filing a police report? May not do any good this time but it establishes a record of the driver's behavior.

Sent from my mobile. Please excuse the brevity & typos.

On Jul 10, 2014, at 7:33 PM, Rob Seltzer <rpse...@gmail.com> wrote:

This message has no content.

Davis

Jul 10, 2014, 8:36:30 PM7/10/14
to rpse...@gmail.com, triadc...@googlegroups.com

If the company is not going to do anything about it, I say we all post this on social media to let all of friends know not do business with these people.

Juliana McCrary

Jul 10, 2014, 8:38:15 PM7/10/14
to davisje...@earthlink.net, rpse...@gmail.com, triadc...@googlegroups.com

Totally agree!  I will be sharing this on my FB page yet tonight.

Matt Oechsli

Jul 10, 2014, 8:40:42 PM7/10/14
to davisje...@earthlink.net, <rpseltzer@gmail.com>, <triadcycling@googlegroups.com>
Call to action - everyone call Bobby's Plumbing & Pump & complain & promise to contact the G'boro police & press.

Sent from my iPhone

Matt Oechsli

Jul 10, 2014, 8:57:28 PM7/10/14
to jmcc...@valendrawers.com, <davisjefferies@earthlink.net>, <rpseltzer@gmail.com>, <triadcycling@googlegroups.com>
Just called Bobby's Plumbing & Pump - Bobby answered & not only was I non-repentant, his response - "I got your phone # - I know where you live." and hung-up.

I just called G'boro police - suggested they follow-up; we'll see. Bobby probably could use a few more calls.

Sent from my iPhone

Phil Barbee

Jul 10, 2014, 9:06:57 PM7/10/14
to Ma...@oechsli.com, jmcc...@valendrawers.com, <davisjefferies@earthlink.net>, <rpseltzer@gmail.com>, <triadcycling@googlegroups.com>
Matt
How about posting their phone number to make it convenient for all of us to call them?

Sent from my iPhone

gkw111461

Jul 10, 2014, 9:10:35 PM7/10/14
to psyc...@gmail.com, Googlegroups
If "Bobby" is going to have that attitude,  maybe multiple reports to the police dept would enlighten him...

Cathy Thompson

Jul 10, 2014, 9:12:10 PM7/10/14
to Davis, rpse...@gmail.com, triadc...@googlegroups.com
I was on the ride and and this guy marginally missed me.  He had the whole lane to his left he could have been in.   I have posted this on my Facebook.   This guy told me that we had no right to be on the road after I called him.   I hope his business suffers after this incident.  He doesn't deserve any customers!

Paul Evans

Jul 10, 2014, 9:14:31 PM7/10/14
to gkw1...@hotmail.com, Googlegroups
Perhaps his insurance carrier would be interested in the fact that he is endangering others with his driving?  Perhaps there is a public record somewhere that would have that information?

Sent from my iPad

Chris Speer

Jul 10, 2014, 9:16:11 PM7/10/14
to peacelo...@hotmail.com, Davis, rpse...@gmail.com, triadc...@googlegroups.com
I'm furious to hear that jerk did this to y'all and grateful that everyone is okay.

I've posted to my facebook as well and also reviewed his sad little facebook company page that has zero likes

You too can review here:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bobbys-Plumbing-Pump/169259979751376

Alan Ball

Jul 10, 2014, 9:18:16 PM7/10/14
to evans...@gmail.com, gkw1...@hotmail.com, Googlegroups
Bobby's plumbing & pump
5171 N Church St, Greensboro, NC 27455
(336) 288-3088

Matt Oechsli

Jul 10, 2014, 9:18:33 PM7/10/14
to Phil Barbee, jmcc...@valendrawers.com, <davisjefferies@earthlink.net>, <rpseltzer@gmail.com>, <triadcycling@googlegroups.com>
Good idea - Bobby's Plumbing & Pump - 5171 N Church St;

Give him a call.

Sent from my iPhone

Cathy Thompson

Jul 10, 2014, 9:22:37 PM7/10/14
to peacelo...@hotmail.com, Davis, rpse...@gmail.com, triadc...@googlegroups.com
Bobby's Plumbing
5171 N Church St
Greensboro, NC  27455-1339

Tel 288-3088

I drove by there in route to my house.   The address is his home and it is down a long wooded driveway.  You can't see the house from the road.   I was hoping that it was a bigger business that I could actually report this guy to.  He may be the "owner".

Daniel Richardson

Jul 10, 2014, 9:28:03 PM7/10/14
to evans...@gmail.com, gkw1...@hotmail.com, Googlegroups
I hate that this horrible situation happened to all of you.  What you describe is just deplorable.

Before embarking on an organized boycott, I might suggest making sure you have spoken to the owner about the matter and not some foreman or buddy of the driver.

Years ago, I called to complain about some really shabby treatment my party received at a local restaurant and was told by the "manager" that we caused the problem and were no longer welcome in the restaurant.

Turned out the "manager" was another waitress covering for her buddy.  People were fired once management found out what happened.

Sent from my iPhone

Matt Oechsli

Jul 10, 2014, 10:15:47 PM7/10/14
to L...@luthorcorp.biz, evans...@gmail.com, gkw1...@hotmail.com, Googlegroups
I talked with Bobby - I assume he's the owner

Sent from my iPhone

Ronald Byron

Jul 11, 2014, 4:00:06 AM7/11/14
to Ma...@oechsli.com, L...@luthorcorp.biz, evans...@gmail.com, gkw1...@hotmail.com, Googlegroups
Sounds like you need to get the local media involved.

Sent from my iPad

Phil Templeton

Jul 11, 2014, 4:00:06 AM7/11/14
to Matt Oechsli, L...@luthorcorp.biz, evans...@gmail.com, gkw1...@hotmail.com, Googlegroups
Typically that kind of business is out of the house and the owner is the only employee or maybe has one other. Odds are very high Bobby was the one driving the truck

Phil Templeton

Mary Hughes

Jul 11, 2014, 8:14:27 AM7/11/14
to triadc...@googlegroups.com
Checked AngiesList in case I could post a bad review.  He's not even listed, among the hundreds of plumbers in the area.  Sounds like one guy, with one truck, and some serious anger issues.

Mary Hughes

Mary

Jul 11, 2014, 3:28:09 PM7/11/14
to mrh...@gmail.com, triadc...@googlegroups.com
According to the BBB, his name is Robert Williams, and his "number of employees" is one. (He may be a sole proprietor with no one else working with him.)

Bobby's Plumbing & Pump Business Review in Greensboro, NC - Central North Carolina BBB
BBB's Business Review for Bobby's Plumbing & Pump, Business Reviews and Ratings for Bobby's Plumbing & Pump in Greensboro, NC.
Preview by Yahoo

Mary Roach

Danny Booker

Jul 19, 2014, 3:23:34 PM7/19/14
to Marasch...@yahoo.com, mrh...@gmail.com, triadc...@googlegroups.com
I'm sure an attorney in our cycling community could find out his insurance company and file a complaint about his driving habits!! Or maybe contact the NC DMV and ask for the insurance company who covers him. You would think the GSO police would have more ----s!!

russellburns42

Jul 20, 2014, 4:16:03 AM7/20/14
to ath...@bellsouth.net, Marasch...@yahoo.com, mrh...@gmail.com, triadc...@googlegroups.com
David Daggett. Attorney, avid triathlete. Check him out.

Sent via the Samsung GALAXY S®4 Active™, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

snowdogs

Jul 20, 2014, 6:40:58 AM7/20/14
to triadc...@googlegroups.com, ath...@bellsouth.net, Marasch...@yahoo.com, mrh...@gmail.com
Sadly, the GPD has "bigger fish to fry". Calling Bobby at his home-office is nonproductive, dangerous at best. Write (on paper, evidence trail) a letter to GPD Chief Miller detailing what happened and ask what the org's response will be in the situation. Probably nothing, but ......
Just my two cents.........