Big Data and Urban Informatics Workshop Information - Chicago

Hall, James Patrick (UIS MIS Faculty)

Jul 22, 2014, 10:35:13 AM7/22/14
to TRB ABJ60, Piyushimit...@glasgow.ac.uk, mill...@osu.edu

Hello TRB ABJ60 Committee Members and Friends:

The following is information on the upcoming Big Data and Urban Information Workshop which will held on
August 11-12 at the University of Illinois Chicago.  ABJ60 Committee friends Piyushimita Thakuriah (Vonu) and Harvey Miller have been instrumental in planning for this workshop and you can communicate with them if  you have any questions.  We hope that you can attend.

  Best wishes,

    James

James P. Hall, Ph.D., P.E.

Hanson Professional Services Faculty Scholar

Associate Professor - Emeritus

University of Illinois Springfield

Management Information Systems

The Big Data and Urban Informatics Workshop 2014

The University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) is hosting an NSF sponsored workshop aiming to establish a multidisciplinary research community on Big Data and Urban Informatics on August 11-12, 2014 in Chicago, Illinois.  The workshop brings together diverse disciplines and is motivated by sustainability and social equity concerns, the need for efficient resource management, and a desire to leverage technological developments that have the potential to provide solutions to these concerns particularly in urban areas. Over 60 research works will be presented at the workshop. We hope you can join us.

Program: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/35674979/CFP/Program.pdf

Registration and other details: http://urbanbigdata.uic.edu/