T&T: Air Filters

Glen Moore

Feb 22, 2012, 8:32:49 AM2/22/12
to traw...@lists.trawlering.com
I use K & N filters on the main engines and generator. They make a wide
variety of sizes that are easily adaptable.

http://www <http://www.knfilters.com/>.knfilters.com/<http://www.knfilters.com/>

Glen Moore
DeFever 40 Last Dance
Currently Ft. Myers
Trawlers & Trawlering and T&T are trademarks of Water World
Productions. Unauthorized use is prohibited.

Greg Bowers

Feb 23, 2012, 4:08:26 PM2/23/12
to traw...@lists.trawlering.com
Glen wrote " I use K & N filters on the main engines and generator. They make a wide

variety of sizes that are easily adaptable."

I have been extremely shy of using air filters since I lost an engine a couple of years ago. http://www.seaplanetearth.com/index14.html

My boat was not built with air filters and it ran fine for many years until I thought I was smarter than those who built it. Shame on me. Granted, I may have gotten a bad filter but it was used where it was not designed to be used so the filter manufacturer had no responsibility in the matter. Not that I tested that theory because it was, after all, my fault.

Just my 2 cents worth.......

Greg Bowers
www.seaplanetearth.com

clyde fernortner

Feb 23, 2012, 11:32:12 PM2/23/12
to traw...@lists.trawlering.com
now you need to check out why the bathroom on a boat, is referred to as the "head", and why the anchor line is called "rode"...i know, but i`ll wait for the research...c

clyde fernortner
garb...@wavecable.com