Article - "What's new in GTFS-realtime v2.0"

Sean Barbeau

Oct 9, 2017, 10:56:30 AM10/9/17
to Transit Developers
Hi all,
In August, we had a pretty significant accomplishment for the GTFS-realtime spec - there is now an official v2.0!

I wanted to share a short article I wrote that highlights the importance of v2.0, especially in terms of data quality:

I'd encourage everyone to start publishing v2.0 feeds as soon as possible!

From a developer/consumer perspective, you can also start using the open-source GTFS-realtime validation tool we've been working on to check v2.0 (and v1.0) feeds for errors:

Please let me know if you have any comments or questions!

(Also, apologies for cross-posting)

Thanks,
Sean

Sean Barbeau, Ph.D.
Center for Urban Transportation Research
University of South Florida