Using of Opendoor logic to creat a GTFS file

rajj...@gmail.com

Jun 18, 2018, 6:57:49 PM6/18/18
to Transit Developers
In my City does not participate in GTFS data feed, So I am using Opendoor Logic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DJdubVWX_A studio to create the excel files
There are commercial GTFS builders http://www.nationalrtap.org/supportcenter/GTFS-Builder but not I am doing this project for the city for i do not have the budget for commercial route creator
I wish somebody create a TOOL to convert Excel file into GTFS data needed for the ONE bus application

Let me know if anybody has some kind of guide to get started on creating content for bus route so it can be used by onebusaway

Thanks

Ra

Sean Barbeau

Jun 19, 2018, 9:24:07 AM6/19/18
to Transit Developers
Raj,
Can you share some of the Excel/CSV files here?

For existing open-source projects that do X->GTFS conversions, see:

For a general intro to GTFS, the World Bank published a free on-line course that might be useful:

Sean

Raj Jagad

Jun 19, 2018, 5:00:32 PM6/19/18
to transit-d...@googlegroups.com
Hello Sean thanks for the links and the Tuts I look into it over the weekend
I have attached the XLS fie like you requested
First sheet tab is Schema for ODL
2nd sheet tab is stop order
3rd sheet tab is STOP, GPS data
4th Sheet is Transit  vehicle types Technical this could mean VAN, Big Bus or Double Decker
but in most cities, these Gillian buses are exactly the same. Capacity = total number of passenger picked up and drop off  trip on a bus route
These numbers are very important to Transit manager for managing resources and adjusting the bus frequency

GreatRoutes.xlsx

Sean Barbeau

Jun 20, 2018, 9:18:18 AM6/20/18
to Transit Developers
Here's what I just posted to GTFS Slack:

From a quick look at the Excel files, here is how it roughly maps to GTFS:
  • Stops tab -> stops.txt
  • VehicleTypes tab -> partial trips.txt (edited)
  • VehicleTypes + stop-order tabs -> stop_times.txt
Stops.txt translation looks pretty straightforward.
In GTFS, for normal scheduled transit service each vehicle corresponds to one trip, so that's why VehicleTypes tab roughly maps to part of trips.txt/
stop-order is the part of stop_times.txt that links a vehicle/trip ID to `stop_sequence`, and you'd need to interpolate the arrivals times at each stop from the `start-time` and `end-time` in VehicleTypes tab.
From a quick look I'm not sure if you have enough to reconstruct an entire GTFS feed from this (but maybe you could?), but it would give you a good start at least.