StackExchange site for "Open Transportation Technology" - Please follow it and ask questions!

Sean Barbeau

Jan 7, 2013, 3:30:19 PM1/7/13
to transit-d...@googlegroups.com

Calling all professionals, hobbyists, and students (and anyone else) interested in Open Transportation Technology!

We're trying to start up a StackExchange site (famous in the software engineering community for StackOverflow.com) to help with Q&A related to open-source transportation software (e.g., OpenTripPlanner, OneBusAway) as well as open transportation-related data sources and formats (e.g., GTFS, OpenStreetMap, NED).

Here's a link to the new "Open Transportation Technology" group's site:

http://area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/49339/open-transportation-technology?referrer=vL95aFAsF037Xdj2Jldccw2

Right now we need to build "Followers" of the site (click on the "Follow" button - we need 59 followers).  We also need to post and vote on example questions (at least 40 questions with a score of 10 or more) that would be appropriate topics for the group.

So, please follow and post/vote away!

Also, please share this with anyone you think would be interested!

More info on the StackExchange process of creating a new group is on the FAQ - http://area51.stackexchange.com/faq

Thanks,

Sean

Sean Barbeau, Ph.D.

Center for Urban Transportation Research

University of South Florida

Sean Barbeau

Jan 10, 2013, 1:59:24 PM1/10/13
to transit-d...@googlegroups.com
Thanks to everyone for their support of the "Open Transportation Technology" StackExchange group!  Response has been terrific and we're now up to 116 followers, which far surpasses number of users we need to move the group to the next step.

However, we still need more people to vote on the existing Example Questions to define what type of questions are appropriate for the group.  We currently need 34 more questions with a score of 10 or more to move to the next stage.

So, if you were an early user to join, please visit the group site again to vote on the existing Example Questions there (or propose more Example Questions):
http://area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/49339/open-transportation-technology?referrer=vL95aFAsF037Xdj2Jldccw2

Thanks,
Sean

Nick

Feb 3, 2013, 11:20:03 PM2/3/13
to transit-d...@googlegroups.com
We currently need 10 more questions with a score of 10 or more to move to the next stage.

...We only need 8 people to log in and vote on questions that do not yet have 10 votes.

Sean Barbeau

Feb 13, 2013, 4:15:25 PM2/13/13
to transit-d...@googlegroups.com
Down to 8 questions that need a score of ten or more!

Please vote on questions, and share with anyone else who is not on this list that might be interested!

Tom Brown

Feb 13, 2013, 10:04:01 PM2/13/13
to transit-d...@googlegroups.com
Don't forget to look at the second page which has many good questions with under 10 points.

Sean Barbeau

Nick

Feb 27, 2013, 5:35:22 PM2/27/13
to transit-d...@googlegroups.com
At the top of the page there is one question that has 24 votes; we don't need any more than 10 votes per question.

We will achieve the goal if 5 people who have voted for "How can I programmatically create and maintain a GTFS dataset?" (or have not voted) follow the link below, down-vote this question and vote on the first 3 questions that do not yet have 10 votes.

http://area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/49339/open-transportation-technology?tab=votes#tab-top