Vendors providing GTFS creation/maintenance products and services?

Sean Barbeau

Sep 28, 2015, 3:51:21 PM9/28/15
to Transit Developers
Hi all,
I'm looking to create a current list of vendors that provide GTFS data creation/maintenance products or services to agencies.  The primary purposes for creating this list are to help agencies quickly understand all their options for contracting for GTFS-related services, and to help agencies quickly get quotes from multiple vendors to satisfy their internal procurement policies.

I'm looking primarily for vendors that provide the following products/services:
  1. Self-service - Vendor provides a software tool that an agency can use to create and maintain their GTFS data themselves.
  2. Full-service - Vendor creates and maintains the agency's GTFS data, based on data updates provided by the agency in other raw formats (e.g., Excel documents, printed schedules)
If you're a vendor that provides either of these products/services, please let me know by entering your contact info in this Google Form:
http://goo.gl/forms/YDbPSPmufS

Please note that all data submitted here will be shared publicly with transit agencies.

Thanks in advance!

Sean

Sean J. Barbeau, Ph.D.
Center for Urban Transportation Research
University of South Florida

tay...@itpworld.net

Sep 29, 2015, 12:37:03 PM9/29/15
to Transit Developers
Great idea Sean - I have just replied on behalf of ITP, although note our work to support GTFS feed development is mainly in international, rather than US, contexts.  I don't know if that makes any difference, but very happy to be included on the list if possible and you feel it is relevant!

Barbeau, Sean

Sep 29, 2015, 1:12:12 PM9/29/15
to transit-d...@googlegroups.com

Neil,

Thanks!  It’s fine if you’re outside the U.S., and/or primarily have done business outside of the U.S.  I’d still like to include these vendors as well.

Sean

Sean Barbeau

Oct 8, 2015, 10:42:19 AM10/8/15
to Transit Developers
Thanks to all the vendors that have responded so far.

Here's the published list, which will continue to be updated as more vendors add their contact info:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Gc9mu4BIYC8ORpv2IbbVnT3q8VQ3xkeY7Hz068vT_GQ/pubhtml

If you're a vendor providing GTFS creation/maintenance services and haven't responded yet, please do so!

Sean

Michael Forte

Nov 30, 2015, 1:24:37 PM11/30/15
to Transit Developers
Hi Sean,

I am looking to provide GTFS services to companies as well as generation of the final Google maps based on scheduled data. I am in the final stages of cleaning up some CSS but the maps done to date can be seen at https://travelwidget.com/transnet. If there are issues in the maps, it is because of data integrity problems with the source data. I would be more than happy to provide services maintaining their data in the proper format as it feeds straight into my map development.

Regards,
Michael Forte
Forte Web Properties, Inc.

Barbeau, Sean

Nov 30, 2015, 3:23:05 PM11/30/15
to transit-d...@googlegroups.com

Michael,

Thanks for the heads up!  Please be sure to add your info to the Google Form.

Thanks,

Sean

Nov 30, 2015, 4:19:45 PM11/30/15
to transit-d...@googlegroups.com
Michael,

A group of people in the industry are working to make TransitWiki a useful repository for shared notes on public transit practices and, specifically, open source and open data projects in transit. For example, here is a list of GTFS-consuming applications: http://www.transitwiki.org/TransitWiki/index.php?title=Category:GTFS-consuming_applications

The site uses MediaWiki software. Please make edits and enhancements! Just create an account to get started.

Aaron Antrim, Principal
Trillium Solutions, Inc.
www.trilliumtransit.com
Portland, Oregon