Great quote from a Mormon philosopher

Carl Youngblood

Mar 25, 2012, 2:09:39 PM3/25/12
to transf...@googlegroups.com
I enjoyed this quote Mormon philosopher William H. Chamberlin. I may have shared this earlier, but here it is again, just in case:

The gospel is so beautiful, our story is so beautiful, that even if it wasn’t true there is no reason that we can’t make it true. God needs willing earthly hands to build Zion, it can’t be built by celestial beings alone.

Lincoln Cannon

Mar 25, 2012, 2:12:13 PM3/25/12
to transf...@googlegroups.com
Amen

On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 12:09 PM, Carl Youngblood <ca...@youngbloods.org> wrote:
I enjoyed this quote Mormon philosopher William H. Chamberlin. I may have shared this earlier, but here it is again, just in case:

The gospel is so beautiful, our story is so beautiful, that even if it wasn’t true there is no reason that we can’t make it true. God needs willing earthly hands to build Zion, it can’t be built by celestial beings alone.

John Grigg

Mar 25, 2012, 7:28:41 PM3/25/12
to transf...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 11:12 AM, Lincoln Cannon <lin...@metacannon.net> wrote:
Amen

On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 12:09 PM, Carl Youngblood <ca...@youngbloods.org> wrote:
I enjoyed this quote Mormon philosopher William H. Chamberlin. I may have shared this earlier, but here it is again, just in case:

The gospel is so beautiful, our story is so beautiful, that even if it wasn’t true there is no reason that we can’t make it true. God needs willing earthly hands to build Zion, it can’t be built by celestial beings alone.

I certainly understand the sentiments of the quote, but this is why Evanglical Christians gnash their teeth at Mormonism.

John

Lincoln Cannon

Mar 25, 2012, 10:28:07 PM3/25/12
to transf...@googlegroups.com
Let them gnash.

Brent Allsop

Mar 25, 2012, 10:35:59 PM3/25/12
to transf...@googlegroups.com

Can't wait to see the look on their face, when we achieve immortality.

Brent

On 3/25/2012 8:28 PM, Lincoln Cannon wrote:
Let them gnash.

On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 5:28 PM, John Grigg <possible...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 11:12 AM, Lincoln Cannon <lin...@metacannon.net> wrote:
Amen

On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 12:09 PM, Carl Youngblood <ca...@youngbloods.org> wrote:
I enjoyed this quote Mormon philosopher William H. Chamberlin. I may have shared this earlier, but here it is again, just in case:

The gospel is so beautiful, our story is so beautiful, that even if it wasn�t true there is no reason that we can�t make it true. God needs willing earthly hands to build Zion, it can�t be built by celestial beings alone.
�
�
�
I certainly�understand the sentiments of the quote, but this is why Evanglical Christians gnash their teeth at Mormonism.
�
�
John

Lincoln Cannon

Christian Schumann-Curtis

Mar 25, 2012, 11:05:32 PM3/25/12
to transf...@googlegroups.com

I'd like to see their faces when they achieve immortality. I kinda think it'll take everybody, including us, by surprise... although it might be so gradual a process that many (including some or all of us) might not notice until the deed is done.

On Mar 25, 2012 7:36 PM, "Brent Allsop" <brent....@canonizer.com> wrote:

Can't wait to see the look on their face, when we achieve immortality.

Brent

On 3/25/2012 8:28 PM, Lincoln Cannon wrote:

> Let them gnash.
>

> On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 5:28 ...

Brent Allsop

Mar 25, 2012, 11:18:43 PM3/25/12
to transf...@googlegroups.com

I think everyone will eventually jump to the camp that believes it will not only be possible, but inevitable.

Increasingly more amazing, formerly thought impossible things will become possible, approaching this inevitability, it will be interesting to see who hangs out, for how long, and what finally converts each individual to this realization.

Brent Allsop

Noah Heninger