Re: [transfer-dev] Railo 4 and Transfer

Matt Quackenbush

Jan 12, 2013, 4:12:35 PM1/12/13
to transf...@googlegroups.com

I would not expect Transfer to work on Railo at all. Transfer relies on some undocumented under the hood behavior in (Adobe) ColdFusion, for one, and also relies on arrays being passed by value, which Railo (thankfully) doesn't do.

On Jan 12, 2013 2:48 PM, "Richard Herbert" <ric...@infoweb.co.uk> wrote:
I'm looking at migrating an old Fusebox 5.5.1 app that uses Transfer over to Railo 4.

I'm hitting some errors and wanted to know if I'm wasting my time trying to get these apps working together now that Transfer is EOL (no disrespect Mark, Transfer has served me well over the years).

I've checked out v1.1.1 from the SVN repo.

Richard

Try out the new Transfer ORM Custom Google Search:
http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=002375903941309441958:2s7wbd5ocb8

Mark Mandel

Jan 12, 2013, 7:45:07 PM1/12/13
to transf...@googlegroups.com

I've never been entirely sure that Transfer even ran properly on Railo 3, let alone 4...

So... I wish you the best of luck :)

Sent from my mobile doohickey.

James Allen

Jan 13, 2013, 7:38:49 AM1/13/13
to transf...@googlegroups.com

I can confirm that Transfer works pretty flawlessly on Railo 3. There was one fix that needs making to get around an isNull problem but apart from that it runs well.

---

James  Allen

E: ja...@jamesallen.name

Blog: http://jamesallen.name

Twitter: @CFJamesAllen (Coldfusion / Web development)

Twitter: @jamesallenuk (General)

Twitter: @JamesAllenVoice (Voiceover)

Tune in to the best in community radio – Codebass Radio: http://codebassradio.net

Richard Herbert

Jan 16, 2013, 10:27:38 AM1/16/13
to transf...@googlegroups.com, sling...@googlemail.com
Thanks for your insight chaps.

@James, what fix was that?

James Allen

Jan 24, 2013, 8:21:05 AM1/24/13
to transf...@googlegroups.com

I just wanted to update this thread to say that I updated my VPS to Railo 4 final not long after launch and have 3 sites all running perfectly with Transfer.

As previously mentioned, the only issue I had previously on Railo 3 was with the hasNull fix that needed to be applied to one of the Transfer CFC’s. Since then the sites have been running perfectly.

For reference the fix I applied is here:

http://osdir.com/ml/transfer-dev/2011-10/msg00003.html

---

James  Allen

E: ja...@jamesallen.name

Blog: http://jamesallen.name

Twitter: @CFJamesAllen (Coldfusion / Web development)

Twitter: @JamesAllenVoice (Voiceover)

Twitter: @80sRewindShow (My weekly radio show)

Tune in to the best in community radio – Codebass Radio: http://codebassradio.net

Jan 25, 2013, 4:13:01 AM1/25/13
to transf...@googlegroups.com, sling...@googlemail.com
Sorry but am I missing something here?

I can't see the line quoted, "if(isQueryCellNull(arguments.query, arguments.property.getColumn(), arguments.query.currentRow))"
 in /com/sql/SQLValue.cfc

I've looked in the download offered from RIAForge as well as the trunk from SVN at revision 690.

What am I missing?

James Allen

Jan 26, 2013, 7:14:27 AM1/26/13
to transf...@googlegroups.com, sling...@googlemail.com

Ah sorry Richard, I think that post might have been a bit misleading.

The line to go to is 79 in SQLValue.cfc:

                if(arguments.query.wasNull())

                {

                                return getNullable().getNullValue(arguments.object.getClassName(), arguments.property.getName());

                }

Change that for:

                if (not isDefined("value"))

                                value = false;

I wanted to grab a post to act as a reference but looks like it was referring to an older fix idea maybe.

Sorry about that.

James.

Richard Herbert

Jan 28, 2013, 10:13:14 AM1/28/13
to transf...@googlegroups.com, sling...@googlemail.com
Thanks for that James.

That certainly helped!

Mark Mandel

Jan 29, 2013, 5:25:42 PM1/29/13
to transf...@googlegroups.com, sling...@googlemail.com
Curious - if anyone has actually run the unit tests with Railo4 with that change, or is this just "in app" testing?

Mark

Try out the new Transfer ORM Custom Google Search:
http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=002375903941309441958:2s7wbd5ocb8

James Allen

Jan 30, 2013, 6:14:40 AM1/30/13
to Mark Mandel, transf...@googlegroups.com

From my perspective this is purely “in app” testing although I’ve been running 3 sites that make decent use of Transfer in Railo 3 for many years without issue. The move to Railo 4 has so far not had any adverse effect on the sites (knock on wood ;) ).

Would be good to know if this is all that is required to allow Transfer to run 100% on Railo though.

---

James  Allen

E: ja...@jamesallen.name

Blog: http://jamesallen.name