Railo Transfer AutoWire Problem

awaken

Feb 9, 2010, 8:11:07 PM2/9/10
to transfer-dev
I've posted this to the Railo Group here:
http://groups.google.com/group/railo/browse_thread/thread/37d3dba5c980644b

I thought this might be a better place to post it, just in case it's
something that someone has seen before.

Thanks,
Thomas

I'm trying to move one of my ColdBox (3.0.0 M4) / Transfer (r.687)
apps to a Railo/Tomcat setup and I'm getting the following error:

Railo 3.1.2.001 Error
(Transfer.com.factory.exception.AutoWireException)

Error while attempting to autowire object of type
transfer.com.cache.CacheManager

[Line: 30 :: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\transfer\com\exception
\Exception.cfc :: Error while attempting to autowire object of type
transfer.com.cache.provider.ProviderManager ::
[Line: 88 :: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\transfer\com\cache\provider
\EHCacheProvider.cfc :: coldfusion/runtime/TemplateProxy
$InvalidMethodNameException :: ]]

C:\inetpub\wwwroot\transfer\com\exception\Exception.cfc: line 30

28: <cfargument name="detail" hint="the detail in which to throw"
type="string" required="Yes">
29:
30: <cfthrow type="#getMetaData(this).name#"
message="#arguments.message#" detail="#detail#">
31: </cffunction>

I this a known issue? Has anyone else experienced this before?

Many thanks,
Thomas

Mark Mandel

Feb 9, 2010, 9:15:34 PM2/9/10
to transf...@googlegroups.com
The EHCacheProvider won't work on Railo, as it uses the JavaLoader's dynamic Proxy.

I'm waiting on Luis to move his CacheBox project as a seperate project so there is a pluggable cache for all versions of CF.

Mark

E: mark....@gmail.com
T: http://www.twitter.com/neurotic
W: www.compoundtheory.com

Hands-on ColdFusion ORM Training @ cf.Objective() 2010
www.ColdFusionOrmTraining.com/

Thomas

Feb 12, 2010, 11:55:36 AM2/12/10
to transfer-dev
Thanks Mark.

Thomas

On Feb 9, 6:15 pm, Mark Mandel <mark.man...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The EHCacheProvider won't work on Railo, as it uses the JavaLoader's dynamic
> Proxy.
>
> I'm waiting on Luis to move his CacheBox project as a seperate project so
> there is a pluggable cache for all versions of CF.
>
> Mark
>

> On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 12:11 PM, awaken <awa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I've posted this to the Railo Group here:

> >http://groups.google.com/group/railo/browse_thread/thread/37d3dba5c98...

> >http://groups.google.com/group/transfer-dev/web/how-to-ask-support-qu...

> > "transfer-dev" group.

> > transfer-dev...@googlegroups.com<transfer-dev%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>

> > For more options, visit this group at
> >http://groups.google.com/group/transfer-dev?hl=en
>
> --

> E: mark.man...@gmail.com

Dennis Clark

Feb 12, 2010, 12:35:07 PM2/12/10
to transf...@googlegroups.com
Just wondering, is Luis's standalone caching project really going to be called CacheBox? I know it's consistent with MockBox and LogBox, but Isaac Dealey already has an open-source CacheBox project for ColdFusion.

-- Dennis

Dorioo

Feb 12, 2010, 12:37:06 PM2/12/10
to transf...@googlegroups.com
I've seen a reference to "cboxCache" somewhere. Don't know if that
will be the final name but I assumed it was referenced as that because
"cacheBox" was already taken.

- Gabriel

Matt Quackenbush

Feb 12, 2010, 1:02:59 PM2/12/10
to transf...@googlegroups.com
FWIW, Luis was using the name CachBox long before Isaac's project
appeared. As far as I know Luis intends to still use the name since a)
he has been using it for years, and b) it fits in with the naming
convention of all the other ColdBox-based libraries.

There is only one _real_ CacheBox, and it does not have Isaac Dealey
listed as the author/owner.

Mark Mandel

Feb 12, 2010, 4:59:07 PM2/12/10
to transf...@googlegroups.com
As an interesting aside - doesn't Railo have some sort of caching built in? May be an interesting project to do a RailoCacheProvider.

Just a thought.

Mark

Brad Wood

Aug 3, 2015, 4:19:48 PM8/3/15
to transfer-dev
This is a rather old thread, but I'm upgrading a client site to Lucee that uses Transfer, and this thread appears to be one of the only references on the Internet.  Can anyone confirm if transfer will work on Lucee?

The site was using an older version of Transfer that refused to load empty result sets so I tried upgrading Transfer.  I may not have the correct/latest version installed though.  My readme file says Transfer 1.1.  After upgrading though, Transfer didn't like the cache configuration, so I commented it out just to get things running, but that led to the error reported in this thread initially.  The only cache provider I see is "EHCacheProvider" (which doesn't work) so I'm not sure how to change to another provider.

I've never used Transfer before so apologies for not being familiar with it's configuration.

Thanks!

~Brad

Brad Wood

Aug 3, 2015, 5:38:24 PM8/3/15
to transfer-dev
After posting this, I found this guide:

It has led me to some issues of its own, but I'll address those in another thread.

Thanks!

~Brad