VERMONT 100!! SAVE THE DATE: SATURDAY JULY 21, 2018

Mindy Slovinsky

Jan 16, 2018, 10:52:55 PM1/16/18
to Trail Monster Running
Greetings All!
Once again Trail Monster Running will be hosting the Lincoln Covered Bridge Aid Station at the Vermont 100 (**crowd cheers**).

Mark your calendars for Saturday July 21, 2018!

There are two aid station shifts that day: 8:30am - 12:30pm and 12:30pm - 4pm
If you're so inclined, feel free to sign up for a time(or two) HERE now.

This year I'll be taking over the Captaining duties from Kate Anderson (who will be enjoying a well-deserved break) and believe me, I'm feeling the pressure to make it as awesome and well-run as she has these past several years.  She whipped what was once a tiny little water stop into a full-fledged aid station house party extravaganza and I want to make her proud as well as all the runners we'll be servicing throughout the day.

Please consider joining the fun.  We'd love to see new and old faces and there are sure to be some Trail Monsters racing this year.  According to Sn0wm8n Triffitt, it's the best place on course to leave some tears and sweat and get a boost from friendly faces.

I'll be reaching out on the regular to ask for help until we're fully staffed.  Email me with any questions!!
Mindy (Squirrel)

Aid Station Duties:
-Record numbers of all runners as they enter the aid station.
-Provide water and fuel to runners.
-Anticipate their needs and ask them as they approach the aid station
-Encourage them! This is a TREMENDOUS boost to runners.
-Give them basic directions (ONLY as long as you know for sure)
-Get them in and out of the aid station as quickly as possible. Unless they need some kind of assistance, keep them moving.

Ryan Triffitt

Jan 17, 2018, 11:04:37 AM1/17/18
to Mindy Slovinsky, Trail Monster Running
Our aid station is also important because runners need to fuel up as the next three miles can take up to 90 minutes...at least that's what I heard...

John Rodrigue

Jan 17, 2018, 11:18:06 AM1/17/18
to Ryan Triffitt, Mindy Slovinsky, Trail Monster Running
But for most, it didnt take 28 1/2 hours to finish the 100....that's what I've heard

Tyler Lupien

Feb 19, 2018, 8:33:49 AM2/19/18
to Trail Monster Running
I am in for all day........     Hope runners like a weird, bearded dude berating them  (I'm lookin' at you Triffitt)..........

Love,

Tyler

Mindy Slovinsky

Feb 20, 2018, 3:49:51 PM2/20/18