Trac and containers

Christopher Nelson

Dec 6, 2016, 8:27:23 AM12/6/16
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
Has anyone here done any work to get Trac running in a container? I'm
interested in getting familiar with Kubernetes and getting back into
Trac, and I wonder if I might do both at once. If I could get my Trac
in a container, it might be more resilient across system updates, etc.

Chris
--
Christopher Nelson, PE
Professional Software Engineer

RjOllos

Dec 6, 2016, 11:43:41 AM12/6/16
to Trac Users

On Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 5:27:23 AM UTC-8, Chris Nelson wrote:
Has anyone here done any work to get Trac running in a container?  I'm
interested in getting familiar with Kubernetes and getting back into
Trac, and I wonder if I might do both at once.  If I could get my Trac
in a container, it might be more resilient across system updates, etc.

                                                   Chris

Possibly relevant, there's some discussion about Docker in:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/trac-dev/oNspLHc1In0/W2Skn5uvCgAJ

- Ryan

RjOllos

Dec 7, 2016, 12:36:38 AM12/7/16
to Trac Users
Are you looking at setting up a production Trac, development environment, or both? Given the complexity of setting up a webserver such as Apache or Nginx, I've wondered if a container might be useful for providing a variety of configs to end users. I haven't look closely at the Bitnami installers to see if what they already provide might be sufficient, or if there is more that could be done.

Regarding development environment, have you had issues getting a "good" development environment for Trac setup? Over the years I've seen hints of how some users setup for Trac development and much of it seems less than optimal. I struggled with it a lot early on. If you (or anyone else) would like to jump on Google hangouts some weekend I'd be happy to share tips.

- Ryan