AccountManagerPlugin on Trac 1.2: INvalid username or password

Mo

Jan 9, 2017, 2:07:51 AM1/9/17
to Trac Users
Hi,

does anyone have the AccountManagerPlugin working on Trac 1.2?
With the latest trunk revision of the plugin (r16171) I always get "Invalid username or password".

On Trac 1.0.9 I had the same issue but I kept a working TracAccountManager-0.4.3-py2.7.egg.
This one is incompatible with Trac 1.2 so I have no working plugin there anymore:
I filed the bug here but apparently nobody else has seen this issue:
https://trac-hacks.org/ticket/13031

AccountManagerPlugin is not any of the less maintained unimportant 3rd party plugins but provides features that should have gone to Trac core for a long time, just to mention the most important:
  • allow users to register new accounts
  • login via an HTML form instead of using HTTP authentication
  • allow existing users to change their passwords, even delete their accounts
  • send a new password to users who have forgotten their password

These features should be part of any 0.1 pre-release web service.

For now I switched back to http basic auth to make users login again. But this leads to the issues why I was using AccountManagerPlugin:

  • There is no logout without deleting browsers login cache, so switching user accounts I sometimes need for testing is less comfortable.
  • User can't register themselves or change their passwords.

Best regards,

Mo

RjOllos

Mar 18, 2017, 6:40:02 PM3/18/17
to Trac Users

On Sunday, January 8, 2017 at 11:07:51 PM UTC-8, Mo wrote:
Hi,

does anyone have the AccountManagerPlugin working on Trac 1.2?
With the latest trunk revision of the plugin (r16171) I always get "Invalid username or password".

Yes, it working well in several Trac instances including trac-hacks.org.