attached images sometimes shown in timeline

Roger Oberholtzer

Jan 21, 2015, 1:28:24 AM1/21/15
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
Sometimes when an image is attached to a ticket, the image itself is
shown in the timeline along with the message that it was attached. It
is not consistent. For example, someone attached 2 jpeg images to a
ticket and both actions are listed in the timeline. But for one of
them, the image is also shown. This has been in the last couple Trac
releases. I am currently seeing it in 1.0.2. Any ideas?

--
Roger Oberholtzer

Ryan Ollos

Jan 21, 2015, 1:33:55 AM1/21/15
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
I've never seen an attachment rendered in the timeline, but there is this issue with the Image macro (or similar attachment rendering macros):
http://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/10751

Roger Oberholtzer

Jan 21, 2015, 2:43:22 AM1/21/15
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
Hmm. Maybe that is what it is. It is not always obvious which item the
image is for in the timeline - the item above it or the item after it.
It could be shown because the image is being used in the Image macro
in the very next change in the timeline. OK. It is not a big issue.
Just looks odd. And when people attach lots of large images to a
ticket, the timeline gets messy for a while.
> --

Roger Oberholtzer

Ryan Ollos

Jan 21, 2015, 10:31:51 AM1/21/15
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 11:43 PM, Roger Oberholtzer <roger.ob...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hmm. Maybe that is what it is. It is not always obvious which item the
image is for in the timeline - the item above it or the item after it.
It could be shown because the image is being used in the Image macro
in the very next change in the timeline. OK. It is not a big issue.
Just looks odd. And when people attach lots of large images to a
ticket, the timeline gets messy for a while.

I think we can finally commit the patch in #10751 after some minor additional changes, but I'll be more comfortable targeting it to 1.1.4 rather than 1.0.4.

RjOllos

Feb 27, 2015, 9:15:57 PM2/27/15
to trac-...@googlegroups.com, ryan.j...@gmail.com

The issue was fixed on 1.0-stable and will be included in the forthcoming 1.0.5 release.