extend layout of /newticket

Mo

Aug 6, 2015, 3:48:29 AM8/6/15
to Trac Users
Hi,

creating a /newticket the layout is quite slim and uses only one third of a decent modern monitor. Then it is not scalable.
Is it possible to extend the layout of /newticket?

Having lot of [ticket-custom] with larger labels the labels get linebreaks and this is not aligning to the input fields anymore.
So this is actually focussing on different issues:

* If labels on the one side have line breaks, the labels and edit field on the other side is not aligned anymore.
* Layout of new ticket is not scalable
* I would like to add kind of hover tooltips to lables. That would avoid some larger text labels.

This is trac-1.0.5

Best regards.

RjOllos

Aug 6, 2015, 4:28:06 PM8/6/15
to Trac Users

On Thursday, August 6, 2015 at 12:48:29 AM UTC-7, Mo wrote:
Hi,

creating a /newticket the layout is quite slim and uses only one third of a decent modern monitor. Then it is not scalable.
Is it possible to extend the layout of /newticket?

Having lot of [ticket-custom] with larger labels the labels get linebreaks and this is not aligning to the input fields anymore.
So this is actually focussing on different issues:

* If labels on the one side have line breaks, the labels and edit field on the other side is not aligned anymore.

Could you post of screen capture of that?

* Layout of new ticket is not scalable

You can customize the page layout as described on:

You should be able to make the form span the width of the page with some CSS tweaks.

* I would like to add kind of hover tooltips to lables. That would avoid some larger text labels.

Clemens Feige

Aug 7, 2015, 5:25:01 AM8/7/15
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
RjOllos wrote on 06.08.2015 at 22:28:
> You should be able to make the form span the width of the page with some
> CSS tweaks.

Exactly!
We use the following custom CSS to tune the width of ticket display in
the browser.

/* Use bigger (full) width of browser window for ticket display.*/
#content.ticket
{
width: auto;
max-width: 100%;
}

http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracInterfaceCustomization#SiteAppearance

Clemens

Mo

Aug 7, 2015, 7:09:01 AM8/7/15
to Trac Users
Am Donnerstag, 6. August 2015 22:28:06 UTC+2 schrieb RjOllos:
Thanks, that perfectly offers Tooltips. As I have described the fields in some other wiki already, is there a way to expand a [macro] to the text of some wiki, so I would have a meta-wiki only referencing (and showing the text) of these little wikis with the tooltips?

Mo

Aug 7, 2015, 7:13:44 AM8/7/15
to Trac Users
Am Donnerstag, 6. August 2015 22:28:06 UTC+2 schrieb RjOllos:

* If labels on the one side have line breaks, the labels and edit field on the other side is not aligned anymore.

Could you post of screen capture of that?

Seems centered, but top aligned would be better matching.

Mo

Aug 7, 2015, 10:05:18 AM8/7/15
to Trac Users, c.f...@osypkamed.com
Am Freitag, 7. August 2015 11:25:01 UTC+2 schrieb Clemens Feige:

Exactly!
We use the following custom CSS to tune the width of ticket display in
the browser.

/* Use bigger (full) width of browser window for ticket display.*/
#content.ticket
{
  width: auto;
  max-width: 100%;
}

http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracInterfaceCustomization#SiteAppearance

Sorry, I'm not versed in CSS. I created a style.css with this code in /htdocs in the project folder but it does not change the sizing.

Peter Suter

Aug 7, 2015, 12:33:46 PM8/7/15
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
On 07.08.2015 16:05, Mo wrote:

http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracInterfaceCustomization#SiteAppearance

Sorry, I'm not versed in CSS. I created a style.css with this code in /htdocs in the project folder but it does not change the sizing.

Check that link again, you also need the site.html (that references the style.css) in the /template folder.

Hope that helps,
Peter

RjOllos

Aug 7, 2015, 7:24:12 PM8/7/15
to Trac Users
Or we can just vertical-align the label to the middle: