group part of other group?

Brettschneider Falk

Jun 29, 2012, 9:25:08 AM6/29/12
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have a question to TracFineGrainedPermissions: if there are two groups: group1 and group2, can I inherit permissions from one group to another?
Something like this:

[*]
@group1 = WIKI_VIEW TICKET_VIEW
@group2 = ROADMAP_VIEW + "same as group1"

How do I do that? I'm in that authzpolicy.conf file.

Or vice versa: How can I define a group being also in another group? Something like:
[groups]
a = user1, user2
b = user3 + a

CU, F@lk

----
Falk Brettschneider
R&D Software
Baumer Optronic GmbH
www.baumer.com

Gesch?ftsf?hrer: Marcel Seeber * Dr. Oliver Vietze
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Radeberg
Amtsgericht Dresden: HRB 15379
Ust. ID: DE 189714583

RjOllos

Jul 1, 2012, 12:43:37 AM7/1/12
to trac-...@googlegroups.com

On Friday, June 29, 2012 6:25:08 AM UTC-7, Brettschneider Falk wrote:
Hi,

I have a question to TracFineGrainedPermissions: if there are two groups: group1 and group2, can I inherit permissions from one group to another?
Something like this:

[*]
@group1 = WIKI_VIEW TICKET_VIEW
@group2 = ROADMAP_VIEW + "same as group1"

How do I do that? I'm in that authzpolicy.conf file.

Or vice versa: How can I define a group being also in another group? Something like:
[groups]
a = user1, user2
b = user3 + a

I've always used the SVN documentation as a general guide for the syntax. I think the following should work:

[*]
@group1 = WIKI_VIEW TICKET_VIEW
@group2 = ROADMAP_VIEW, @group1

And I'm sure this will work, because I'm using the same syntax in the configuration on my server:

[groups]
a = user1, user2
b = user3, @a

RjOllos

Jul 1, 2012, 12:44:35 AM7/1/12
to trac-...@googlegroups.com

On Saturday, June 30, 2012 9:43:37 PM UTC-7, RjOllos wrote

I've always used the SVN documentation as a general guide for the syntax.

Brettschneider Falk

Jul 2, 2012, 3:35:43 AM7/2/12
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

RjOllos wrote:
> [*]
> @group1 = WIKI_VIEW, TICKET_VIEW
> @group2 = ROADMAP_VIEW, @group1
No, this doesn't work for me. I can't inherit permissions this way. It only works with "@group2 = ROADMAP_VIEW, WIKI_VIEW, TICKET_VIEW". Grouping permissions works with the permission management from the Admin panel but what is the proper syntax with the authzpolicy.conf file of fine-grained permissions?

RjOllos

Jul 3, 2012, 3:25:15 AM7/3/12
to trac-...@googlegroups.com

On Monday, July 2, 2012 12:35:43 AM UTC-7, Brettschneider Falk wrote:
No, this doesn't work for me.

Yeah, you are right, it is not working for me either. I was confusing my svn authz with Trac fine-grained permissions.

RjOllos

Sep 20, 2016, 6:35:34 PM9/20/16
to Trac Users
I made a ticket for the issue: https://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/12596