Problem migrating trac 1.0.1 (windows) to 1.2 (Linux).

Tom Uijldert

Jan 30, 2017, 10:48:53 AM1/30/17
to Trac Users
Hi,

I'm attempting to move an existing 1.0.1 trac project (under windows, without svn-links ) to a 1.2 project on a Linux server, using the description found in:

skipping the svn-part and doing the init (new), backup (old), copy and upgrade (new).

This all looks pokey-billy until I start the new server again (using tracd).
The project that is presented then, is empty.

Did I forget any extra steps that need to be done?
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Tom Uijldert.

Tom Uijldert

Jan 30, 2017, 11:28:26 AM1/30/17
to Trac Users
Ah, not sure how this works with the default database engine of trac but after the copy operation, it turns out you have to fill the new (MySQL-) database with the copied tables / data.
Something along the lines of:

$ mysql -u root -p [database[  < $env/db/mysql-db-backup.sql

Might be a good idea to add such a remark to the migration page?

Cheers,
Tom.

RjOllos

Jan 30, 2017, 3:05:18 PM1/30/17
to Trac Users

On Monday, January 30, 2017 at 8:28:26 AM UTC-8, Tom Uijldert wrote:
Ah, not sure how this works with the default database engine of trac but after the copy operation, it turns out you have to fill the new (MySQL-) database with the copied tables / data.
Something along the lines of:

$ mysql -u root -p [database[  < $env/db/mysql-db-backup.sql

Might be a good idea to add such a remark to the migration page?

Cheers,
Tom.

Thanks for the feedback. Added:

- Ryan