poor positioning in the ticket view in the modify part

Harold Alcalde Solarte

Sep 4, 2018, 4:00:46 AM9/4/18
to Trac Users
I currently use trac 1.2.2 and the following plugins:
TicketImport 0.9.0, TracDynamicFields 2.2.0dev, TracSubTicketsPlugin 0.5.4dev , TracWorkflowAdmin 0.12.0.4,TracWysiwyg 0.12.0.7,TracXMLRPC 1.1.7dev.

My problem occurs when I go to see a ticket and in the part of modifying the ticket, the fields are disordered. I have tried to put the fields in different order, change the size of the columns and the rows, but I can not get it to fit. I do not know exactly how it works .cols and .rows in the ticket-custom.
I attach my ticket-custom and a pic of the wrong layout.

Thank you.

layout.PNG
ticket-custom.txt
Captura.PNG

Roger Oberholtzer

Sep 4, 2018, 4:35:11 AM9/4/18
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
I have had the same thing for many releases. I have also tried what
you tried, to no effect. We have just decided it is a Trac
idiosyncrasy, and smile. It does seem that custom fields lead to this
confusion in the layout. I don't know if it is Trac itself, or a
toolkit it uses to generate the HTML.

--
Roger Oberholtzer

Pavel Celba

Sep 4, 2018, 5:17:19 AM9/4/18
to Trac Users
Did you try to disable the TracDynamicFields plugin? Is the output OK when you display all fields?  We are using many custom fields and all textareas are always displayed on separate row, other fields are displayed in pairs on one row. We are using TiminAndEstimationPlugin which rearranges some fields in edit mode w/o problems.

Pavel

Harold Alcalde Solarte

Sep 4, 2018, 7:02:16 AM9/4/18
to Trac Users
It seems that the problem is the DynamicFields plugin, but I also need it for the visualization of the fields according to the type of ticket. I will try to find another plugin that offers the benefits of DynamicFields. I will try to use TiminAndEstimationPlugin.

Thank you.
Haroldo.

Harold Alcalde Solarte

Sep 4, 2018, 7:04:35 AM9/4/18
to Trac Users
I will try to find another plugin with the same benefits because DynamicFields and trac seems thatc they dont work well together.

Roger Oberholtzer

Sep 4, 2018, 7:07:10 AM9/4/18
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Sep 4, 2018 at 1:04 PM Harold Alcalde Solarte
<haroldalca...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I will try to find another plugin with the same benefits because DynamicFields and trac seems thatc they dont work well together.

For us it is just the custom fields that cause the layout issues.

--
Roger Oberholtzer

Harold Alcalde Solarte

Sep 4, 2018, 7:11:06 AM9/4/18
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
So how do you resolve this issue?

Roger Oberholtzer

Sep 4, 2018, 7:15:17 AM9/4/18
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Sep 4, 2018 at 1:11 PM Harold Alcalde Solarte
<haroldalca...@gmail.com> wrote:

> So how do you resolve this issue?

We have not. The stray fields are just that way.

I would like to solve it...

--
Roger Oberholtzer

Pavel Celba

Sep 5, 2018, 11:35:19 AM9/5/18
to Trac Users
TimingAndEstimation plugin cannot help in dynamic fields displaying but it can give some ideas how to rearrange the page after some field removal. If you remove some small field then it should not move any textarea into the right column etc.

You may try the newer plugin version (2.2.0dev is over 2 years old) and/or place the issue here: https://trac-hacks.org/wiki/DynamicFieldsPlugin. Or try to fix it.

Pavel

RjOllos

Sep 17, 2018, 1:28:06 AM9/17/18
to Trac Users
Please post your [ticket-custom] section from trac.ini.

- Ryan

RjOllos

Sep 17, 2018, 1:28:38 AM9/17/18
to Trac Users
Please provide a screen capture and your [ticket-custom] section from trac.ini.

- Ryan

Harold Alcalde Solarte

Sep 28, 2018, 2:41:58 AM9/28/18
to Trac Users

In the header are both

Harold Alcalde Solarte

Oct 3, 2018, 1:53:15 AM10/3/18
to Trac Users
ticket-custom.txt
layout.PNG

Jun Omae

Oct 3, 2018, 2:17:04 AM10/3/18
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
I'm TracWysiwygPlugin's author.

The textarea custom field is normally displayed as fullrow in ticket form, but
TracDynamicFieldsPlugin breaks the fullrow. TracWysiwygPlugin doesn't work well
in textarea with non fullrow.

That's is a TracDynamicFieldsPlugin issue.
Also, I don't have no will to fix TracWysiwygPlugin about the issue.

Please disable TracWysiwygPlugin in your trac.ini.

--
Jun Omae <jun...@gmail.com> (大前 潤)

Harold Alcalde Solarte

Oct 3, 2018, 3:37:09 AM10/3/18
to Trac Users
I still have the same issue. I've disabled TracWysiwygPlugin and the result is the same... I attach the layout of my trac.
LAYOUT.PNG

Jun Omae

Oct 3, 2018, 8:26:34 AM10/3/18
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Oct 3, 2018 at 4:37 PM Harold Alcalde Solarte
<haroldalca...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I still have the same issue. I've disabled TracWysiwygPlugin and the result is the same... I attach the layout of my trac.

Investigating layout.js, TracDynamicFieldsPlugin with textarea custom
fields is absolutely broken when the fields have rules to hide.
I think the textarea fields, the rules or the plugin should be removed.

Jun Omae

Oct 3, 2018, 9:27:40 AM10/3/18
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
Created patch for layout.js. Could you please try the patch?
dynamicfieldsplugin.diff

Harold Alcalde Solarte

Oct 4, 2018, 4:34:43 AM10/4/18
to Trac Users
On the one hand the modification part is now seen correctly, but on the other hand when the ticket is created, no field that I have added in the custom-ticket is seen.

I have tested with the latest version of the DynamicField and adding your patch and I have also tested with DynamicFieldPlugin Release version 2.1.0. My ticket-custom is the same one that I put at the beginning.
I attach a pic of the ticket view after create it.
ViewTicket.PNG

Jun Omae

Oct 4, 2018, 10:24:04 AM10/4/18
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Oct 4, 2018 at 5:34 PM Harold Alcalde Solarte
<haroldalca...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On the one hand the modification part is now seen correctly, but on the other hand when the ticket is created, no field that I have added in the custom-ticket is seen.
>
> I have tested with the latest version of the DynamicField and adding your patch and I have also tested with DynamicFieldPlugin Release version 2.1.0. My ticket-custom is the same one that I put at the beginning.
> I attach a pic of the ticket view after create it.

It seems that the wrong layout of ticket view is introduced in
https://trac-hacks.org/changeset/15095.
Revised the patch: dynamicfieldsplugin-v2.diff
Please try and feedback.
dynamicfieldsplugin-v2.diff

Harold Alcalde Solarte

Oct 8, 2018, 3:14:37 AM10/8/18
to Trac Users
Sorry for the delay.

At the time of making the patch it gives me an error.
error.PNG

Jun Omae

Oct 8, 2018, 4:09:59 AM10/8/18
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Oct 8, 2018 at 4:14 PM Harold Alcalde Solarte
<haroldalca...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry for the delay.
>
> At the time of making the patch it gives me an error.

I don't catch any errors. Please apply the patch to clean and latest trunk.

$ svn co https://trac-hacks.org/svn/dynamicfieldsplugin/trunk
/tmp/dynamicfieldsplugin
A /tmp/dynamicfieldsplugin/dynfields
A /tmp/dynamicfieldsplugin/dynfields/htdocs
A /tmp/dynamicfieldsplugin/dynfields/templates
A /tmp/dynamicfieldsplugin/dynfields/tests
A /tmp/dynamicfieldsplugin/dynfields/locale
A /tmp/dynamicfieldsplugin/dynfields/locale/de
A /tmp/dynamicfieldsplugin/dynfields/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES
A /tmp/dynamicfieldsplugin/dynfields/locale/ja
A /tmp/dynamicfieldsplugin/dynfields/locale/ja/LC_MESSAGES
A /tmp/dynamicfieldsplugin/dynfields/compat.py
A /tmp/dynamicfieldsplugin/dynfields/__init__.py
A /tmp/dynamicfieldsplugin/dynfields/htdocs/dynfields.js
A /tmp/dynamicfieldsplugin/dynfields/htdocs/rules.js
A /tmp/dynamicfieldsplugin/dynfields/htdocs/layout.js
A /tmp/dynamicfieldsplugin/dynfields/htdocs/layout.css
A /tmp/dynamicfieldsplugin/dynfields/options.py
A /tmp/dynamicfieldsplugin/dynfields/rules.py
A /tmp/dynamicfieldsplugin/dynfields/templates/prefs_panel.html
A /tmp/dynamicfieldsplugin/dynfields/tests/options.py
A /tmp/dynamicfieldsplugin/dynfields/tests/__init__.py
A /tmp/dynamicfieldsplugin/dynfields/web_ui.py
A /tmp/dynamicfieldsplugin/dynfields/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/dynfields.po
A /tmp/dynamicfieldsplugin/dynfields/locale/messages.pot
A /tmp/dynamicfieldsplugin/dynfields/locale/ja/LC_MESSAGES/dynfields.po
A /tmp/dynamicfieldsplugin/dynfields/locale/.placeholder
A /tmp/dynamicfieldsplugin/setup.cfg
A /tmp/dynamicfieldsplugin/setup.py
A /tmp/dynamicfieldsplugin/COPYING
U /tmp/dynamicfieldsplugin
Checked out revision 17290.
$ cd /tmp/dynamicfieldsplugin
$ sha1sum -b /tmp/dynamicfieldsplugin-v2.diff
11b3b6d0d411b4a81026698808e49cca7d19ec2e */tmp/dynamicfieldsplugin-v2.diff
$ patch -p1 < /tmp/dynamicfieldsplugin-v2.diff
patching file dynfields/htdocs/layout.js
patching file dynfields/htdocs/rules.js
$ echo $?
0

Harold Alcalde Solarte