RE: [Trac] Upgrading from Trac 0.11 to Trac 1.0

Jiang, Victor (Ext)

Sep 28, 2012, 5:05:49 AM9/28/12
to trac-...@googlegroups.com

Hi All,

I want to use Trac to bind SVN, I installed the pysvn,  it did not work. I cannot get subversion-python package(OS is RHEL5.4), can someone provide me the package!

Best regards,

Victor Jiang

Sep 28, 2012, 12:01:08 PM9/28/12
to trac-...@googlegroups.com

Steffen Hoffmann

Sep 28, 2012, 12:02:35 PM9/28/12
to trac-...@googlegroups.com

Mete Kural

Sep 28, 2012, 12:14:47 PM9/28/12
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
Hello All,

Does anyone have any input they can provide regarding my original question:

[...]

Thanks a bunch!
-Mete

Steffen Hoffmann

Sep 28, 2012, 1:31:50 PM9/28/12
to trac-...@googlegroups.com

Mete Kural

Sep 28, 2012, 1:56:08 PM9/28/12
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
Hello Stefan,

I'm very sorry, I missed that email from you. The other issue being
mixed in that thread threw me off and I wasn't careful enough to see
that your email was related to my issue. I apologize.

OK, I understand now. I will go straight from 0.11 to 1.0 then and
consider both advisories in 0.11 -> 0.12 and 0.12 to 1.0.

Regarding your comment on the Trac plugins, I only have that Trac
testing plugin that adds a "TestManagement" tab in the Trac UI. I hope
it will not have any issues with 1.0.

Thanks,
Mete

RjOllos

Sep 28, 2012, 7:15:58 PM9/28/12
to trac-...@googlegroups.com

On Friday, September 28, 2012 10:56:16 AM UTC-7, Mete Kural wrote:
Regarding your comment on the Trac plugins, I only have that Trac
testing plugin that adds a "TestManagement" tab in the Trac UI. I hope
it will not have any issues with 1.0.

Is that TestManagerForTrac (1)? Well, regardless of what plugin it is, if you value the functionality of the plugin, it is always advisable to review open tickets, such as (2), and see if there will be a any showstoppers for you. I have a "staging" instance of Trac alongside my production instance and upgrade the staging instance to test out plugins first.

Jai

Oct 10, 2012, 7:28:12 AM10/10/12
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
All,

I need help in sorting the below issue.

after coping mysql data from old server running trac 0.11 to new server running Trac 1.0, I get below error after running the command

[root@svnserver ]# trac-admin /usr/local/Trac-projects/XXX upgrade --no-backup

The upgrade failed. Please fix the issue and try again.

OperationalError: (1050, "Table 'repository' already exists")

And again when we run the same command its gives ;-

[root@svnserver Trac-projects]# trac-admin /usr/local/Trac-projects/XXX upgrade --no-backup

The upgrade failed. Please fix the issue and try again.

ProgrammingError: (1146, "Table 'XXXTrac.revision' doesn't exist")

Any help !!!

Cooke, Mark

Oct 10, 2012, 7:51:01 AM10/10/12
to trac-...@googlegroups.com

...so you are on a *nix flavour of some sort?

> The upgrade failed. Please fix the issue and try again.
>
> OperationalError: (1050, "Table 'repository' already exists")
>
> And again when we run the same command its gives ;-
>
> [root@svnserver Trac-projects]# trac-admin
> /usr/local/Trac-projects/XXX upgrade --no-backup
>
> The upgrade failed. Please fix the issue and try again.
>
> ProgrammingError: (1146, "Table 'XXXTrac.revision' doesn't exist")
>
> Any help !!!

Hmm, if you just start Trac does it complain that the environment needs upgrading?

Have you tested that a clean new environment works OK?

Do you have any plugins installed? Did they create any tables? Do you have versions that work for Trac 1.0 installed so that they can also update their environments?

~ mark c

Jai Prakash Sharma

Oct 10, 2012, 8:58:44 AM10/10/12
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
I'm running CentOS 6.3 64 bit with Python 2.6 & MySQL 5.5.

It's a new clean environment. I have in total 8 projects and all 7 projects got upgraded and working fine. I'm facing this problem with one project. I see in the problematic project there is one additional folder called attachment, which is not there in any other project.

Thanks & Regards,

Jai

DISCLAIMER
This email is intended only for the person or the entity to whom it is addressed and may contain information which is confidential and privileged. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or any other use of the said information by person or entities other than intended recipient is unauthorized and prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this email and contact the sender.

RjOllos

Oct 26, 2012, 5:24:01 PM10/26/12
to trac-...@googlegroups.com, jai.s...@naukri.com
On Wednesday, October 10, 2012 5:59:19 AM UTC-7, Jai Prakash Sharma wrote:
I'm running CentOS 6.3 64 bit with Python 2.6 & MySQL 5.5.

It's a new clean environment. I have in total 8 projects and all 7 projects got upgraded and working fine. I'm facing this problem with one project. I see in the problematic project there is one additional folder called attachment, which is not there in any other project.

You may want to take a read through http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracUpgrade#to1.0, which points out some problems related to attachments that can occur during the upgrade.

Steffen Hoffmann

Oct 27, 2012, 1:34:51 AM10/27/12
to trac-...@googlegroups.com