Problems Trac 1.2 Updated from version 1.0.9 - GridModify, Delete Ticket Comments

Paulo Vitor Chornobay

Jan 24, 2017, 9:04:59 AM1/24/17
to Trac Users

Hello, I updated my trac from version 1.09 to 1.2 I'm having 3 problems:
1 - The options to delete ticket comments do not appear even when TRAC_ADMIN;

2 - The GridModify plugin works by changing the registry, but displays an error icon;
3 - When executing a query, at certain moments it does not load the correct value in the list.

4 - When loading the page of a ticket, firebug shows the following errors (maybe related to item 1):

Roger Oberholtzer

Jan 24, 2017, 9:29:04 AM1/24/17
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 2:25 PM, Paulo Vitor Chornobay <paulo.vito...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello, I updated my trac from version 1.09 to 1.2 I'm having 3 problems:
1 - The options to delete ticket comments do not appear even when TRAC_ADMIN;

I have the same problem. The only thing I could do to get the buttons was to edit
Trac-1.2-py2.7.egg/trac/htdocs/css/ticket.css, I changed this:

/*  - Change controls */
.trac-ticket-buttons {
 clear: right;
 visibility: hidden;
 float: right;
}

to this:

/*  - Change controls */
.trac-ticket-buttons {
 clear: right;
 visibility: visible;
 float: right;
}

Why it is set to 'hidden' is a mystery to me. Restart your http daemon after the edit.

2 - The GridModify plugin works by changing the registry, but displays an error icon;

I don't get any Grid buttons, so I Grid Modify does nothing. And no error...

--
Roger Oberholtzer

RjOllos

Jan 24, 2017, 9:43:51 AM1/24/17
to Trac Users
The issues are probably related. Please disable GridModify to see if the delete buttons appear. Note they only appear on hover over.

Ryan

Roger Oberholtzer

Jan 24, 2017, 9:58:22 AM1/24/17
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 3:43 PM, RjOllos <rjo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The issues are probably related. Please disable GridModify to see if the delete buttons appear. Note they only appear on hover over.

I did not have the comment buttons when GridModify was not installed.
Hover over did not do anything either.

--
Roger Oberholtzer

RjOllos

Jan 24, 2017, 10:22:27 AM1/24/17
to Trac Users
Any Javascript errors in the console have a good likelyhood of preventing execution of the code that makes the buttons visible on hover.

Paulo Vitor Chornobay

Jan 24, 2017, 3:53:10 PM1/24/17
to Trac Users
Hello ... I thank all the comments, with these suggestions I tried to deactivate all the components and activate one by one and verify which one is causing the problems, with this:
- When activating Component - WorkLog 1.0.dev0 and loading the ticket page, the error Error - TypeError: $ .browser is undefined in the jqModal.js file (line 59, col 27)
- Error of not showing the comment buttons was the TracDynamicFields component;

Modify grid items
- Disabling the TracHoursPlugin 0.6.0.dev0 component started working correctly.

I'll have to look for the components TracHoursPlugin 0.6.0.dev0 and WorkLog 1.0.dev0, TracDynamicFields will not use any more.

RjOllos

Jan 24, 2017, 9:46:20 PM1/24/17
to Trac Users

On Tuesday, January 24, 2017 at 12:53:10 PM UTC-8, Paulo Vitor Chornobay wrote:
Hello ... I thank all the comments, with these suggestions I tried to deactivate all the components and activate one by one and verify which one is causing the problems, with this:

Thank you for investigating.

- When activating Component - WorkLog 1.0.dev0 and loading the ticket page, the error Error - TypeError: $ .browser is undefined in the jqModal.js file (line 59, col 27)

That may have been fixed on 19th of Jan:
Please try updating WorkLog if you aren't running the latest.

- Error of not showing the comment buttons was the TracDynamicFields component;

I'll investigate. Could you share your [ticket-custom] section?

Modify grid items
- Disabling the TracHoursPlugin 0.6.0.dev0 component started working correctly.

Good to know. I'll take a look at both TracHours and GridModify.

I'll have to look for the components TracHoursPlugin 0.6.0.dev0 and WorkLog 1.0.dev0, TracDynamicFields will not use any more.

- Ryan

RjOllos

Jan 25, 2017, 1:25:38 AM1/25/17
to Trac Users

On Tuesday, January 24, 2017 at 6:46:20 PM UTC-8, RjOllos wrote:

[...]

I pushed some minor fixes for GridModify this evening. It seems to work fine in isolation. If you still have issues after installing the latest, it's probably due to plugin interactions, and we'll have to continue to work that.

- Ryan

Paulo Vitor Chornobay

Jan 25, 2017, 5:43:35 AM1/25/17
to Trac Users
The WorkLog component has been updated and is working correctly.

My trac.ini is in this
attachment (however I removed the email data and access to the server)

Thanks for your attention and help :)

trac.ini

Paulo Vitor Chornobay

Jan 25, 2017, 7:08:09 AM1/25/17
to Trac Users
I just looked in more detail and activated the item
Trachours.ticket. *
  - TracHoursBy
Started giving error in GridModify icon

RjOllos

Jan 26, 2017, 3:54:42 AM1/26/17
to Trac Users

On Wednesday, January 25, 2017 at 4:08:09 AM UTC-8, Paulo Vitor Chornobay wrote:
I just looked in more detail and activated the item
Trachours.ticket. *
  - TracHoursBy
Started giving error in GridModify icon

Thanks, I'll take a look at TracHours and DynamicFields. I might not have time to investigate before the weekend, or early next week. If you locate the issue, feel free to send along a patch.

- Ryan

Paulo Vitor Chornobay

Feb 14, 2017, 5:58:08 AM2/14/17
to Trac Users
Hi, Ryan, I could not go any further in my analysis. But I also detected that the wysiwyg plugin is in trouble, if it is in textarea and click wysiwyg and return to textarea, the cursor does not click on any fields.
It's very strange ... and the team is using this version in production, do you recommend doing a new installation?

RjOllos

Feb 14, 2017, 9:11:00 PM2/14/17
to Trac Users

On Tuesday, February 14, 2017 at 2:58:08 AM UTC-8, Paulo Vitor Chornobay wrote:
Hi, Ryan, I could not go any further in my analysis. But I also detected that the wysiwyg plugin is in trouble, if it is in textarea and click wysiwyg and return to textarea, the cursor does not click on any fields.
It's very strange ... and the team is using this version in production, do you recommend doing a new installation?

Did you refresh the static resources after the upgrade? Whether or not you need to do so depends on your web server configuration.
https://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracPlugins#Redeployingstaticresources

Also, there were some fixes for TracWysiwygPlugin, so make sure you are running the latest:
https://trac-hacks.org/wiki/TracWysiwygPlugin#RecentChanges

- Ryan

Paulo Vitor Chornobay

Feb 15, 2017, 10:47:35 AM2/15/17
to Trac Users
I'm having trouble updating these static files, because I do not know exactly where my static files are ... I've seen that the command recreates the files, but I do not know the location for their correct operation, I've installed the trac for a long time.
Would you help me?

RjOllos

Feb 15, 2017, 12:08:33 PM2/15/17
to Trac Users

On Wednesday, February 15, 2017 at 7:47:35 AM UTC-8, Paulo Vitor Chornobay wrote:
I'm having trouble updating these static files, because I do not know exactly where my static files are ... I've seen that the command recreates the files, but I do not know the location for their correct operation, I've installed the trac for a long time.
Would you help me?

What is your server operating system and what web server are you using?

- Ryan

Paulo Vitor Chornobay

Feb 15, 2017, 12:38:29 PM2/15/17
to Trac Users
Ubuntu Server 16.04.1 LTS x64 MySQL e Apache.

System information

User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:51.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/51.0

PackageVersion
Trac 1.2
Babel 2.3.4
Docutils 0.12
Genshi 0.7 (with speedups)
GIT 2.7.4
mod_python 3.3.1
MySQL server: "5.7.17-0ubuntu0.16.04.1", client: "5.7.17", thread-safe: 1
MySQLdb 1.3.7
Pygments 2.0.1
Python 2.7.12 (default, Nov 19 2016, 06:48:10) [GCC 5.4.0 20160609]
pytz 2016.7
setuptools 29.0.1
Subversion 1.9.3 (r1718519)
Textile 2.3.6
jQuery1.11.3
jQuery UI1.11.4
jQuery Timepicker1.5.5

RjOllos

Feb 15, 2017, 12:49:19 PM2/15/17
to Trac Users
There should be a virtualhosts configuration file for your Trac in /etc/apache2/sites-enabled. Could you post the contents of that file?

- Ryan

Paulo Vitor Chornobay

Feb 15, 2017, 12:57:31 PM2/15/17
to Trac Users
conf-enabled/trac.conf

<Location /trac>
  SetHandler mod_python
   PythonInterpreter main_interpreter
   PythonHandler trac.web.modpython_frontend
   PythonOption PYTHON_EGG_CACHE /tmp/python_egg_cache
   PythonOption TracEnvParentDir /servicos/trac/repositorios
  AuthType Basic
  AuthName "Makito"
  AuthUserFile /servicos/svn/dav_svn.passwd
  Require valid-user
</Location>

sites-enabled/000-default.conf

<VirtualHost *:80>
        # The ServerName directive sets the request scheme, hostname and port that
        # the server uses to identify itself. This is used when creating
        # redirection URLs. In the context of virtual hosts, the ServerName
        # specifies what hostname must appear in the request's Host: header to
        # match this virtual host. For the default virtual host (this file) this
        # value is not decisive as it is used as a last resort host regardless.
        # However, you must set it for any further virtual host explicitly.
        #ServerName www.example.com

        ServerAdmin webmaster@localhost
        DocumentRoot /var/www/html

        # Available loglevels: trace8, ..., trace1, debug, info, notice, warn,
        # error, crit, alert, emerg.
        # It is also possible to configure the loglevel for particular
        # modules, e.g.
        #LogLevel info ssl:warn

        ErrorLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/error.log
        CustomLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/access.log combined

        # For most configuration files from conf-available/, which are
        # enabled or disabled at a global level, it is possible to
        # include a line for only one particular virtual host. For example the
        # following line enables the CGI configuration for this host only
        # after it has been globally disabled with "a2disconf".
        #Include conf-available/serve-cgi-bin.conf
</VirtualHost>

# vim: syntax=apache ts=4 sw=4 sts=4 sr noet

Meu trac está em /servicos/trac/repositorios/tarefas4 no linux.

RjOllos

Feb 15, 2017, 5:31:04 PM2/15/17
to Trac Users
Looks like you haven't mapped static resources in your web server config so we don't need to worry about that. If you had that configuration, it would look like:

Make sure to do a hard refresh of the browser because cached resources need to be cleared from your browser cache after upgrading Trac. If that doesn't fix the issue, you may have a legitimate bug in TracWysiwygPlugin. Make sure you have the latest version installed from: https://trac-hacks.org/wiki/TracWysiwygPlugin.

Are there any errors in the browser console when the behavior is seen?

If none of that fixes the issue I'll install and try to reproduce the behavior.

- Ryan