ResetPwStore is disabled, therefore password reset won't work.

Mingxing Tian

Dec 19, 2016, 2:52:38 AM12/19/16
to Trac Users
2016-12-19 15:51:08,429 Trac[web_ui] WARNING: ResetPwStore is disabled, therefore password reset won't work.

I've been getting this annoying warning, how can I close it?

RjOllos

Mar 15, 2017, 11:41:31 PM3/15/17
to Trac Users

On Sunday, December 18, 2016 at 11:52:38 PM UTC-8, Mingxing Tian wrote:
2016-12-19 15:51:08,429 Trac[web_ui] WARNING: ResetPwStore is disabled, therefore password reset won't work.

I've been getting this annoying warning, how can I close it?

Password reset isn't working as far as I know (1), so you could just disable in with [account-manager] reset_password = false.

Alternatively, update to at least r16329 of AccountManagerPlugin, make sure these components are enabled:
[components]
acct_mgr.notification.accountchangelistener = enabled
acct_mgr.pwhash.* = enabled
acct_mgr.web_ui.accountmodule = enabled
acct_mgr.web_ui.resetpwstore = enabled

Set:
[account-manager]
reset_password = enabled

Append ResetPwStore to the list of stores. For example:
[account-manager]
password_store = HtPasswdStore, ResetPwStore

Add a pwhashmethod as appropriate for your store:
[account-manager]
hash_method = HtPasswdHashMethod   # or
hash_method = HtDigestHashMethod

Password reset doesn't seem to work yet, and needs more work, at least when using HtPasswd and HtDigest stores.

If password reset is working, please let me know which store you are using. It might be working with some of the stores, just not the ones I've tested.

- Ryan