Duplication of milestone editing/admin functionality?

Willmer, Alex (PTS)

Jul 24, 2013, 10:37:12 AM7/24/13
to trac-...@googlegroups.com

I noticed today that Trac offers two ways to edit a milestone, and they’re are almost identical. The are

-          milestone/milestone1?action=edit reached by clicking edit when viewing a milestone

-          admin/ticket/milestones/milestone1 the milestone admin page.

Both allow changing the name, description, and the due/completed date – but only the first offers to retarget associated tickets.

What’s the reason for having this functionality duplicated? Would patches that reduce code/template duplication, or that remove one of the pages (e.g. admin) be welcome?

Regards, Alex

--

Alex Willmer | Developer

Application Services | CGI

2 Trinity Park, Birmingham, B37 7ES, UK

M: +44 7557 752744

al.wi...@cgi.com | cgi-group.co.uk

CGI IT UK Limited. A CGI Group Inc. Company

Registered Office: 250 Brook Drive, Green Park, Reading RG2 6UA, United Kingdom. Registered in England & Wales - Number 947968

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: Proprietary/Confidential Information belonging to CGI Group Inc. and its affiliates may be contained in this message. If you are not a recipient indicated or intended in this message (or responsible for delivery of this message to such person), or you think for any reason that this message may have been addressed to you in error, you may not use or copy or deliver this message to anyone else. In such case, you should destroy this message and are asked to notify the sender by reply e-mail.

Peter Suter

Jul 25, 2013, 1:56:55 PM7/25/13
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
On 24.07.2013 16:37, Willmer, Alex (PTS) wrote:

I noticed today that Trac offers two ways to edit a milestone, and they’re are almost identical.

What’s the reason for having this functionality duplicated? Would patches that reduce code/template duplication, or that remove one of the pages (e.g. admin) be welcome?

This was also discussed here: http://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/3754
It seems this duplication is (only) partially intentional. Just removing one of the pages might not be wanted. But I think it would be nice to offer the full functionality in both places, and to reduce code/template duplication if there's a clean way to do that.

Regards,
Peter