ExtraPermissionsProvider problems

Jeff Yoder

Apr 17, 2014, 3:10:23 PM4/17/14
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
Has anyone successfully used the ExtraPermissionsProvider plugin?  I have tried numerous times and cannot get it to work.  I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong because it seems like it should be so simple to use.

I've enabled it in the component section of my ini file...
tracopt.perm.config_perm_provider.extrapermissionsprovider = enabled

I've added one simple permission to try it out...
[extra-permissions]
sc_perms = ticket_close

I've assigned the permission to the transition I want it on...
close = in_process -> closed
close.permissions = sc_perms
 And I've given myself (and also tried another user) the new permission...

 my.name @ domain.com

But if I go to a ticket in the "in_process" state and click Modify, the "close" option is not even shown as a choice.

Is there something simple I'm missing?

RjOllos

Apr 19, 2014, 3:08:06 AM4/19/14
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
I reproduced the issue you were having, and fixed it with the following change:

close.permissions = SC_PERMS

The `permissions` field in the [ticket-workflow] section is case sensitive.

It is a bit confusing though because ExtraPermissionsProvider is indifferent to the casing of the tokens in the [extra-permissions] section. Regardless of how they are defined, the permissions defined in that section are created in all upper-case, which is the convention for permissions in Trac:

I'm not sure why it was implemented this way, but it appears to have been intentional so there is probably a good reason. I'll look into that later on and maybe add a note to the docs.

RjOllos

Apr 19, 2014, 7:56:46 PM4/19/14
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
Further discussion about revising the docs in http://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/11429#comment:4