german translation

Jörg Schulz

Jun 26, 2017, 11:29:16 AM6/26/17
to Trac Development
Hello,

I'm posting this as requested here:
https://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/5475#comment:122

I work for a service provider company and we use Trac for some years now mainly
for tracking employee tasks. Internally I've maintained a german translation
since 0.11 (with i18n-patches) as far as it was needed for our end-users.
For 0.12 and 1.0 the german translation was part of Trac so I had to provide
only some minor translations. But since release of 1.2 the translation seems
to have stalled. I've already updated the translation on transifex. But the
source messages.pot is outdated and I'm unable to update it to the latest
version. So, if I had the right, I would like to make my little contribution
to this great software... :-)

Another question: if the pot-files at transifex are up-to-date, are they pulled
automatically before a release or is this in all cases the duty of the committer?
(https://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracL10N/Transifex#Translationteamcoordinator)

Schulz Gebäudeservice GmbH & Co. KG
Dr.-Max-Ilgner-Straße 17
32339 Espelkamp
Persönlich haftende Gesellschafterin:
Gebäudereinigung Joachim Schulz
Verwaltungsgesellschaft mbH
Internet: www.sgbs.de
Geschäftsführer: Joachim und Dirk Schulz, Norbert Kosica
Handelsregister Bad Oeynhausen: HRA 5902, HRB 8591
UST-Id-Nr.: DE 125752702

RjOllos

Jul 10, 2017, 4:44:40 PM7/10/17
to Trac Development

On Monday, June 26, 2017 at 11:29:16 AM UTC-4, Jörg Schulz wrote:
Hello,

I'm posting this as requested here:
https://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/5475#comment:122

I work for a service provider company and we use Trac for some years now mainly
for tracking employee tasks. Internally I've maintained a german translation
since 0.11 (with i18n-patches) as far as it was needed for our end-users.
For 0.12 and 1.0 the german translation was part of Trac so I had to provide
only some minor translations. But since release of 1.2 the translation seems
to have stalled. I've already updated the translation on transifex. But the
source messages.pot is outdated and I'm unable to update it to the latest
version. So, if I had the right, I would like to make my little contribution
to this great software... :-)

I'll read through the TracL10N wiki page today and try updating the pot files in the repository, then request that you review the staged changes. Let's see if we can work together to get the German translation updated. If I can understand a workflow that gets the job done I'll be able to update other languages in the repository as well.

Another question: if the pot-files at transifex are up-to-date, are they pulled
automatically before a release or is this in all cases the duty of the committer?
(https://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracL10N/Transifex#Translationteamcoordinator)
Geschäftsführer: Joachim und Dirk Schulz, Norbert Kosica

We've left it to the translation team coordinator to update the pot files in the repository from Transifex. However, there are only one or two languages getting updated at present and we need to update the process so that the files are pulled from Transifex automatically.

I haven't worked with Transifex, but it would seem to me that the least complicated thing to do would be to have all translation activity done on Transifex and then just pull the pot files to the repository at the time of release.

- Ryan

RjOllos

Jul 25, 2017, 7:02:20 PM7/25/17
to Trac Users, trac...@googlegroups.com

On Friday, July 21, 2017 at 8:51:54 AM UTC-7, hasienda wrote:
Am 10. Juli 2017 22:44:40 MESZ schrieb RjOllos <rjo...@gmail.com>:

>On Monday, June 26, 2017 at 11:29:16 AM UTC-4, Jörg Schulz wrote:

>> Another question: if the pot-files at transifex are up-to-date, are
>they
>> pulled
>> automatically before a release or is this in all cases the duty of
>the
>> committer?
>> (
>>
>https://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracL10N/Transifex#Translationteamcoordinator
>> )
>>
>We've left it to the translation team coordinator to update the pot
>files
>in the repository from Transifex. However, there are only one or two
>languages getting updated at present and we need to update the process
>so
>that the files are pulled from Transifex automatically.
>
>I haven't worked with Transifex, but it would seem to me that the least
>
>complicated thing to do would be to have all translation activity done
>on
>Transifex and then just pull the pot files to the repository at the
>time of
>release.

Syncing i18n stuff from time to time with Transifex has been the way Christian Boos did it before. He proposed a workflow, that should still work.

I assisted Felix Schwarz in managing Tracs German translation before. If you, Ryan, get updates message catalogs, i'll try to help with i18n issues again as well.

Steffen Hoffmann

Thanks, Steffen.

I will prepare a branch within the next few days and let you know when it's ready for review.

Regards,
- Ryan

RjOllos

Jul 26, 2017, 2:42:43 AM7/26/17
to Trac Development, trac-...@googlegroups.com

For 1.0-stable I updated the catalogs and pulled the changes from Transifex. I then pushed the updates to Transifex.
https://trac.edgewall.org/changeset/16145

However, I'm unsure about the changes pushed back to Transifex. It seems like there are still differences for the message.po file.

Could you guys please review the changes? If it looks good I'll do the same for 1.2-stable and trunk, and then translation work can continue on Transifex.

I made a backup in case the changes need to be reverted on Transifex.

- Ryan

RjOllos

Jul 29, 2017, 9:51:22 PM7/29/17
to Trac Users, trac...@googlegroups.com

On Friday, July 28, 2017 at 9:34:40 PM UTC-7, hasienda wrote:
Using Transifex before I remember hard times merging their changes, because there where always some I did not agree to. I think we'll need to find a way for the rather lange number of rather big msg catalogs for Trac, programmatically.

Steffen

Updated de translation for 1.2-stable as well.
https://trac.edgewall.org/changeset/16152

- Ryan

simon.sc...@isys-vision.de

Nov 13, 2018, 1:42:50 PM11/13/18
to Trac Development

On Sunday, July 30, 2017 at 3:51:22 AM UTC+2, RjOllos wrote:

Updated de translation for 1.2-stable as well.
https://trac.edgewall.org/changeset/16152

- Ryan

I cannot select German as either default language or user language in version 1.2.3, shouldn't this be included in version 1.2.3?

Thanks
Simon

RjOllos

Jul 6, 2019, 8:34:54 PM7/6/19
to Trac Development
Probably same as this issue:

Please follow that message thread and I will try to get the issue resolved soon.

- Ryan