Trac 1.0 released

Christian Boos

Sep 9, 2012, 2:02:57 PM9/9/12
to trac...@googlegroups.com
Trac 1.0 Released
=================

Some of you may have expected Trac 0.13, but no, we're giving you 1.0
instead! Well, in many ways, 1.0 is just 0.13 with a new shiny name,
no big changes, a continuation of the incremental evolution of Trac.
We thought however that it was about time to signal that we've reached
a pretty stable and usable status for our software.

It will also make it easier to introduce a new numbering scheme for
the upcoming releases: the regular maintenance releases will be
numbered 1.0.1, 1.0.2, etc. while in parallel we'll make development
snapshot releases for the next stable release that will be numbered
1.1.1, 1.1.2, etc. Therefore, the next stable release will be 1.2 and
might still come two years ahead from now, but at least in the
meantime you'll get the chance to experiment or use tested checkpoint
releases.

Back to the present release: you can download Trac-1.0 from the usual
place (http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracDownload#LatestStableRelease)
or install it via setuptools (`easy_install Trac`).

The MD5 checksums for the official packages are the following:

e07f052ec91efc1733cb9d49743ecb32 Trac-1.0.tar.gz
c6196ed293a992865182f4301a7b9efe Trac-1.0.win32.exe
3dd2e883179879c8fa5b98c984f15058 Trac-1.0.zip

Don't forget to also install Babel if you want to enjoy using Trac in
your language. It's not a mandatory requirement though, Trac still
works without it.

On the other hand, Genshi 0.6 (or newer) is a mandatory requirement,
so install it first (if you're using easy_install, that will happen
automatically).

If you're upgrading, don't forget to make a backup and please take the
time to read the TracUpgrade notes and the TracInstall notes.

Note that in the same TracDownload page, you'll also find the new
0.12.4, the regular maintenance release for the 0.12 line. We will
continue to support 0.12 for the foreseeable future, although only for
fixing major defects and security issues.

Release Notes for Trac 1.0 'Cell' Release
September 7, 2012

Highlights
----------
* Refreshed user interface
* Git support
* Branching structure displayed in the revision log
* Ticket batch modification support

Detailed User Visible Changes
-----------------------------

A detailed view of the API changes since 0.12.x can be found in
http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracDev/ReleaseNotes/1.0

Developer-visible changes
-------------------------

A detailed view of the API changes since 0.12.x can be found in
http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracDev/ApiChanges/1.0

Acknowledgements
----------------

Many thanks to the growing number of people who have, and continue to,
support the project. Also our thanks to all people providing feedback
and bug reports that helps us making Trac better, easier to use and
more effective. Starting with the 0.12 release, special thanks go to
our many translators. Without your invaluable help, Trac would not
evolve. Thank you all.

Finally, we offer hope that Trac will prove itself useful to
like-minded programmers around the world, and that this release will
prove an improvement over the last version.

Please let us know. :-)

/The Trac Team http://trac.edgewall.org/