Trac 0.12 missing subversion dlls

Paresh

Aug 1, 2011, 10:00:04 AM8/1/11
to trac...@googlegroups.com
Hi Guys

I'm trying to set up a demo trac 0.12 om a 32bit windows 7 machine.
I'm running python 2.7 and subversion 1.6.17 (SlikSvn for win32)

Trac itself is running fine using tracd, but I need to get it linked up with svn.

It's all going well, until I try to resync the repository, then I get this error
TracError: Unsupported version control system "svn": DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.
In c:\python27\Lib\site-packages, I have unzipped svn-win32-1.6.15_py_2.7.zip (as per ​instructions here for python2.7) and checked my PYTHONPATH settings.

Subversion works fine on the command line, so I think that is installed correctly.

Using the dependancy walker, I profiled python.exe and typed in from 'svn import core' found the following dlls are reported missing:-
IESHIMS.DLL
LIBAPR-1.DLL
LIBSVN_CLIENT-1.DLL
LIBSVN_DELTA-1.DLL
LIBSVN_RA-1.DLL
LIBSVN_SUBR-1.DLL
LIBSVN_WC-1.DLL

The only LIBSVN dll I can see on my system is libsvn_swig_py-1.dll in c:\python27\Lib\site-packages\libsvn\.
There is no libapr-1.dll either.

I believe that IESHIMS.DLL is a red herring, but am willing to be corrected.

Can anyone help?

Paresh

Mark Mc Mahon

Aug 1, 2011, 10:28:03 AM8/1/11
to trac...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have found it hard in the past to get all the DLL's lined up (and I
can't remember how i solved it in the past).

I think http://alagazam.net/ helped a lot (the binaries there have
everything you need I think).

Hope that helps,
Mark

Christian Boos

Aug 1, 2011, 10:47:44 AM8/1/11
to trac...@googlegroups.com
On 8/1/2011 4:28 PM, Mark Mc Mahon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have found it hard in the past to get all the DLL's lined up (and I
> can't remember how i solved it in the past).
>
> I think http://alagazam.net/ helped a lot (the binaries there have
> everything you need I think).

... but Alagazam.net only has the bindings for Python 2.6, and Paresh
needs the bindings for Python 2.7.
What seems to be missing in his case is simply to have compatible
Subversion libraries in the PATH.

> On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 10:00 PM, Paresh <pare...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Subversion works fine on the command line, so I think that is installed
>> correctly.
>>
>> Using the dependancy walker, I profiled python.exe and typed in from 'svn
>> import core' found the following dlls are reported missing:-
>> IESHIMS.DLL
>> LIBAPR-1.DLL
>> LIBSVN_CLIENT-1.DLL
>> LIBSVN_DELTA-1.DLL
>> LIBSVN_RA-1.DLL
>> LIBSVN_SUBR-1.DLL
>> LIBSVN_WC-1.DLL

Those libraries are normally all located below the install path of
Subversion, but I don't know the "SlikSvn for win32" package, so maybe
the .dlls it comes with are simply not compatible with the bindings. I
use the CollabNet's 1.6.12 build of Subversion and it works fine. Maybe
the 1.6.15 build of Subversion from Alagazam also works (not tested).

>> The only LIBSVN dll I can see on my system is libsvn_swig_py-1.dll in
>> c:\python27\Lib\site-packages\libsvn\.
>> There is no libapr-1.dll either.

Well, if that's really the case, then the Sliksvn "svn.exe" command line
was built statically. No .dll hell but no reuse either ;-)

-- Christian

Paresh

Aug 1, 2011, 11:01:40 AM8/1/11
to trac...@googlegroups.com
Thanks !

Worked first time.  I just ran the windows installer and set the path as specified at the end.

Paresh

Paresh

Aug 1, 2011, 11:08:53 AM8/1/11
to trac...@googlegroups.com
Christian

I just read your reply.  Yes, I am using Python 2.7, but I can confirm that I ran the windows installer as specified above and after completing the install, 'from svn import core' worked in the python shell and also the trac-admin resync command worked - at least it didn't bomb out and it has scanned the correct number of commits for the repository and given the appearance of success :)

I have no more time today to do any further checks, but I will return to it tomorrow and see if the rest Trac is fully integrated with svn.  I'll report back tomorrow when I have time to play some more

Once again, thanks for your help

Paresh

Christian Boos

Aug 1, 2011, 11:14:16 AM8/1/11
to trac...@googlegroups.com
On 8/1/2011 5:08 PM, Paresh wrote:
> Christian
>
> I just read your reply. Yes, I am using Python 2.7, but I can confirm
> that I ran the windows installer as specified above and after
> completing the install, 'from svn import core' worked in the python
> shell and also the trac-admin resync command worked - at least it
> didn't bomb out and it has scanned the correct number of commits for
> the repository and given the appearance of success :)

Yep, if you were talking about one of the Setup-Subversion-1.6.x.msi
package, that's consistent with what I said.
If you were talking about the Python 2.6 bindings
(svn-win32-1.6.x_py.zip) working in Python 2.7, that would be more
surprising :-)

-- Christian

Paresh

Aug 2, 2011, 7:14:06 AM8/2/11
to trac...@googlegroups.com
Hi Guys

Well, I can confirm that my Trac 0.12 is now reading the repository correctly.  I have to add a commit script to automatically sync trac with the repository, but I'm not expecting any problems with that now.

Thanks for the help

Paresh