today's report

Jason Priem

Apr 27, 2012, 2:03:34 AM4/27/12
to total-im...@googlegroups.com
did today:
  • provenance url construction works; happens on creation of items in the ItemFactory, so can be used by everyone else down the chain. i don't think all the providers actually have the right urls in the configs, but that's just a matter of copying them down from wherever.
  • refactored the items/item endpoint methods. focusing on the item (singular) method, as that's what the UI will use.
  • item method now serves json or html depending on an extension (/item/:tiid.json or /item/:tiid.html). Left a slot to also allow switching based on request headers...is quite easy. but leaving it for now, in interests of getting something working. tried the https://github.com/nickstenning/negotiate library and gave up after fixing two bugs and finding a third.
  • set up template switching based on genre (articles' metadata will look quite different from datasets', for instance.). I think in the future we'll let jinja switch in sub-templates, but seemed good to have the genre logic out of the presentation layer, at least at first.
  • the article html display code mostly works...still have to finish the metrics bits. using BeautifulSoup to compare the expected/actual results in testing, as string matching over strings that hairy was becoming nightmarish.
tomorrow:
  • finish the item html article. then, probably
  • start on the collection report page.
holdups:
  • I'm not totally grokking the backend changes because i didn't look at them much today. will want to spend some time on that.
  • biblio still doesn't work as far as i know. display won't work without biblio.
woohoo, it's looking good!
Jason Priem
UNC Royster Scholar
School of Information and Library Science

Heather Piwowar

Apr 27, 2012, 5:17:16 PM4/27/12
to total-im...@googlegroups.com
great work, Kevin and Jason!

  • biblio still doesn't work as far as i know. display won't work without biblio.
I think biblio is working at least in part, as of this commit:

for example, this seems to pass in test_alias_queue integration test:

assert_equals(resp_dict["biblio"]['data']["year"], "2010")