PULL option in context menu no longer visible

cms

Apr 23, 2014, 7:27:58 PM4/23/14
to tortoise...@googlegroups.com
Recently I noticed the trusty PULL option is now missing from the TortoiseGit context menu in windows explorer.  I wish I could mention anything interesting or destructive that I did before hand, but I can't think of anything.  On this particular machine (a staging server), my primary use of git is to pull down changes from the remote repo.  Not much more than that.

I did check the TortoiseGit settings and it looks like the PULL option is ticked and should appear in the menu,  I also don't see the Sync dialog option, though from the settings it also looks like it should be displayed, but I digress.

I am able to pull via git bash command line, just not from windows explorer.

My TortoiseGit version is 1.8.8.0

Any help is appreciated.

ch3c...@gmail.com

Apr 23, 2014, 7:52:02 PM4/23/14
to tortoise...@googlegroups.com
Is it the same as below image?

cms於 2014年4月24日星期四UTC+8上午7時27分58秒寫道:

ch3c...@gmail.com

Apr 23, 2014, 7:57:23 PM4/23/14
to tortoise...@googlegroups.com

Is it the same as below (corrected) image ?

ch3c...@gmail.com於 2014年4月24日星期四UTC+8上午7時52分02秒寫道:

Yue Lin Ho

Apr 23, 2014, 9:14:11 PM4/23/14
to tortoise...@googlegroups.com
Hi:

ch3c...@gmail.com於 2014年4月24日星期四UTC+8上午7時57分23秒寫道:

Is it the same as below (corrected) image ?

ch3c...@gmail.com於 2014年4月24日星期四UTC+8上午7時52分02秒寫道:
Is it the same as below image?
cms於 2014年4月24日星期四UTC+8上午7時27分58秒寫道:
Recently I noticed the trusty PULL option is now missing from the TortoiseGit context menu in windows explorer.  I wish I could mention anything interesting or destructive that I did before hand, but I can't think of anything.  On this particular machine (a staging server), my primary use of git is to pull down changes from the remote repo.  Not much more than that.
I did check the TortoiseGit settings and it looks like the PULL option is ticked and should appear in the menu,  I also don't see the Sync dialog option, though from the settings it also looks like it should be displayed, but I digress.
My TortoiseGit version is 1.8.8.0

Normally, the Pull option is not ticked in "Settings\Context Menu", neither in "Settings\Set Extend Menu Item",
so you will see it in "context menu - TortoiseGit -> Pull".

If only tick Pull option in "Settings\Context Menu", you will see it in context menu. (Just after right click)
If only tick Pull option in "Settings\Set Extend Menu Item", you need to "Shift + Right Click" to show it.
More information here.

If you both tick it in "Settings\Context Menu" and in "Settings\Set Extend Menu Item", it gone.

Yue Lin