Logos

Milan

Oct 18, 2012, 6:26:22 PM10/18/12
to toron...@googlegroups.com
I am trying to cook up a graphic combining the word 'Toronto' with '350.org'

Please let me know which of these typeface options looks best to you.
Bahaus93.png
CheltenhamAT.png
Copperplate-Gothic.png
Copperplate.png
Eurostile.png
Handwriting-Dakota.png
Richler Bold.png
Rosewood-Std.png
Sillycon.png

Milan

Oct 18, 2012, 6:27:26 PM10/18/12
to toron...@googlegroups.com
Just for the sake of storing a copy in an accessible place, here is our CN Tower logo
350Toronto.jpg

Milan

Oct 18, 2012, 6:28:35 PM10/18/12
to toron...@googlegroups.com
The actual 350.org typeface is FF DIN Round Web Regular.

Unfortunately, it costs $55:

http://www.fontshop.com/fonts/singles/fontfont/ff_din_round_web_regular/

Milan

Oct 19, 2012, 11:06:41 AM10/19/12
to toron...@googlegroups.com
Two more possibilities
CMU-sans.png
Chalkboard.png

thugsb

Oct 19, 2012, 4:57:10 PM10/19/12
to toron...@googlegroups.com
Eurostile. Clean, and fits the logo the best.

Neal Lantela

Oct 24, 2012, 1:28:21 AM10/24/12
to toron...@googlegroups.com
Here are some options I cooked up. These are all vectors, so changes are all really easy.

Print Toronto 350 - logo options.pdf
Toronto 350 - logo options.svg

thugsb

Oct 24, 2012, 8:17:48 AM10/24/12
to toron...@googlegroups.com
I'm liking #2 the most. Markerpen works pretty well ey?

Milan

Oct 25, 2012, 4:39:10 PM10/25/12
to toron...@googlegroups.com
Here it is in the official 350 typeface: FF DIN Round Web.

I don't think it actually looks exceptionally good in this typeface. I am happy to go with whichever one people generally agree upon.

I do think it's a good idea for the logo to read: Toronto 350.org, since that naturally translates into our web address and emails.
350-toronto-logo (1).eps
350-toronto-logo.png

Milan

Oct 25, 2012, 4:40:57 PM10/25/12
to toron...@googlegroups.com
Several of these look like they would be quite useful for various purposes, including our website, MailChimp messages, etc.

I do prefer the ones that include the '.' before 'org' as they might make things a bit clearer for people.