JCO nominated for a World Fantasy Award

Gary Couzens

Jul 28, 2011, 7:50:24 PM7/28/11
to tonecl...@googlegroups.com
In the Best Short Fiction category, for "Fossil-Figures" from the anthology
Stories.

Full list of nominations here:

http://www.locusmag.com/News/2011/07/world-fantasy-nominees-and-lifetime-achievement-winners/

Gary

Oehling, Rick

Jul 28, 2011, 7:53:46 PM7/28/11
to tonecl...@googlegroups.com
i loved this story when i first read it in an anthology

Oct 3, 2011, 2:00:01 PM10/3/11
to tonecl...@googlegroups.com
The Annual Finger-crossing For JCO has begun!

Cheers,

-a.

Adva Weinerman

Oct 3, 2011, 2:03:26 PM10/3/11
to tonecl...@googlegroups.com

Do you think there is any chance? Is she a candidate? Quite frankly, there were less deserving winners in the recent past that I can think of.

Adva

Oct 3, 2011, 2:58:34 PM10/3/11
to tonecl...@googlegroups.com
Good luck, JCO!
Michaelangelo
(former student)

joyce2.JPG

Adva Weinerman

Oct 3, 2011, 3:06:47 PM10/3/11
to tonecl...@googlegroups.com

Was there any manor new work of hers? I have not heard of any recent new work.

Adva

בברכה, אדוה

Ellen

Oct 4, 2011, 12:38:01 AM10/4/11
to tonecl...@googlegroups.com
I am still mad about Graham Greene not winning the Nobel Prize.......and JCO will never win it it.  First of all, she is just too good a writer; second she is a fairly popular writer, and third, she is in an American.  Think of all of the many third world poets, never translated into English, who have been winning for literature because of the politics of the judges.....Although miracles can happen, and Lord knows JCO deserves it.  Good luck, JCO...whatever award they do or do not give you, you are the very best!

Ellen

Adva Weinerman

Oct 4, 2011, 2:29:33 AM10/4/11
to tonecl...@googlegroups.com

Ellen, you are so right.

I am sure Graham Green had enough to be proud of and so does JCO. Recognition in this world is a tricky thing and does not always go to those who deserve it, but both mentioned writers, did receive rightful recognition and maybe it should be enough.

Ellen

Oct 6, 2011, 12:48:58 AM10/6/11
to tonecl...@googlegroups.com
Ava, you are right---and being much more mature than I am <sigh>.  JCO has indeed plenty of awards, popularity, money, and the esteem of her own colleagues----but gosh, I'd like to see her win that Nobel prize lol.

It is such a pleasure to read you---you always bring such a gentle and learned voice to the boards!

Ellen