No sound on Windows 7x64

Rich Fantozzi

Feb 13, 2012, 3:22:03 PM2/13/12
to Tomighty
I repaved my laptop last week (windows 7 Ultimate x64) and re-
installed tomighty. It seems to run with no problem but there is no
sound. I tried running the jar from the command prompt like you
suggested in other posts and it seems to run fine no errors shown. All
the other sound from my laptop also seems to be working fine so I
don't think it is a driver issues. The only strange thing I am aware
of is I seem to have the 32 bit version and 64 bit version of Java
installed on the laptop, I am guessing one came through a browser
install and the other came when I installed the SE Dev Kit.

Version of java I am running:
java version "1.6.0_30"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.5-b03, mixed mode)

Any help would be appreciated. Love the app.
-rich

Célio

Feb 14, 2012, 5:41:46 AM2/14/12
to tomi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rich,

That's a lot strange.  I know this is probably not the case but on Windows 7 you can configure different volumes for each running application.  Try this: run Tomighty, open up the configuration dialog and turn all sounds on.  If all sounds were off then problem solved.  Otherwise, start a pomodoro then open up Windows' sound mixer.  You should see Tomighty's volume slider.  As I said, that's probably not your case but let's give paranoia a chance.

Célio

2012/2/13 Rich Fantozzi <rfan...@gmail.com>
-rich

Rich Fantozzi

Feb 16, 2012, 9:08:32 AM2/16/12
to Tomighty
Thank; I tried turning sounds back off and on still nothing. Strange
thing it is all sound is working for every other program I have.
Tried the mixer previously I do not specifically see tomighty listed
but do see Java Platform SE Library listed, so I was messing around
with that, still nothing.

I total expect this issue is caused by the java install, but I have
uninstalled and installed a few times trying both 86x and 64x versions
and nothing.
Trying to find another program that is java based that has some sound
I can test out, that would confirm if my suspicion is correct.

thanks for the help though. Let me know if you have any other
thoughts.

-rich

On Feb 14, 5:41 am, Célio <ccid...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Rich,
>
> That's a lot strange.  I know this is probably not the case but on Windows
> 7 you can configure different volumes for each running application.  Try
> this: run Tomighty, open up the configuration dialog and turn all sounds
> on.  If all sounds were off then problem solved.  Otherwise, start a
> pomodoro then open up Windows' sound mixer.  You should see Tomighty's
> volume slider.  As I said, that's probably not your case but let's give
> paranoia a chance.
>
> Célio

Rich Fantozzi

Feb 17, 2012, 10:24:40 AM2/17/12
to Tomighty
Celio - Found the issue, just needed to re-install my sound driver.
Should have known since I repaved my machine that something like that
was funked up,.

thanks for your help.