tmux 2.1 has been released

Thomas Adam

Oct 18, 2015, 1:24:35 PM10/18/15
to tmux-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I've just released tmux 2.1. This can be found here:

https://github.com/tmux/tmux/releases/tag/2.1

Including a link to the CHANGES file for slightly more information.
This is not as extensive as the git history which you should refer to
if you need more information about anything specific.

On behalf of those who've worked on bringing you this release, we wish
you happy tmuxing!

Kindly,
Thomas Adam

Patrick Shanahan

Oct 19, 2015, 10:02:06 AM10/19/15
to tmux-...@googlegroups.com

The latest issue of tmux no longer senses mouse over pane and moves focus
but retains cursor in last accessed pane. Is this intended or is there a
new option I need to configure?

Ahhh, found it :) <bind-key>:set mouse on

But I did, my tmux.conf contains
set -g mouse-select-pane on
setw -g mode-mouse on

and it worked previously. Do I need to change this or bug or ???

tks,

Patrick Shanahan

Oct 19, 2015, 10:52:23 AM10/19/15
to tmux-...@googlegroups.com
* Patrick Shanahan <pa...@opensuse.org> [10-19-15 10:02]:

> The latest issue of tmux no longer senses mouse over pane and moves focus
> but retains cursor in last accessed pane. Is this intended or is there a
> new option I need to configure?
>
> Ahhh, found it :) <bind-key>:set mouse on
>
> But I did, my tmux.conf contains
> set -g mouse-select-pane on
> setw -g mode-mouse on
>
> and it worked previously. Do I need to change this or bug or ???

OK, further investigation reveals:
- Incompatible Changes:
* Mouse-mode has been rewritten. There's now no longer options for:
- mouse-resize-pane
- mouse-select-pane
- mouse-select-window
- mode-mouse
Instead there is just one option: 'mouse' which turns on mouse support
entirely.

But "set mouse on" doesn't appear to do anything for me???

show-options provides *only* "mouse on"

Confused....

Thomas Adam

Oct 19, 2015, 10:52:45 AM10/19/15
to Patrick Shanahan, tmux-...@googlegroups.com
On 19 October 2015 at 15:02, Patrick Shanahan <pa...@opensuse.org> wrote:

> The latest issue of tmux no longer senses mouse over pane and moves focus
> but retains cursor in last accessed pane. Is this intended or is there a
> new option I need to configure?
>
> Ahhh, found it :) <bind-key>:set mouse on
>
> But I did, my tmux.conf contains
> set -g mouse-select-pane on
> setw -g mode-mouse on
>
> and it worked previously. Do I need to change this or bug or ???

I had hoped the CHANGES file I referenced would have been enough,
however apparently not.

You no longer need those two other options, this one does it all:

set -g mouse on

-- Thomas Adam

Kaushal Modi

Oct 19, 2015, 11:42:26 AM10/19/15
to Thomas Adam, Patrick Shanahan, tmux-...@googlegroups.com
You can check out my tmux config that customizes the mouse bindings to
sort of mimic the mouse behavior pre-2.1:

https://github.com/kaushalmodi/dotfiles/blob/master/.tmux.conf

Mouse config is after the "# * Mouse" line (line 150 as of writing this).

--
Kaushal Modi

Thomas Sattler

Oct 20, 2015, 4:20:56 AM10/20/15
to tmux-...@googlegroups.com
I used to have "mode-mouse on" to be able to enter (and leave) copy
mode with the mouse. (Turning the wheel scrolled three-line-wise.)

I almost have this back with

bind -n WheelUpPane select-pane -t= \; copy-mode -e \; send-keys -M
bind -n WheelDownPane select-pane -t= \; send-keys -M

Now it scrolls line-wise, which is even more smoothly. :-)

I also configured Ctrl as a speedup-key like this:

bind -n C-WheelUpPane select-pane -t= \; copy-mode -e \; send-keys -M

and

bind -t vi-copy C-WheelUpPane halfpage-up
bind -t vi-copy C-WheelDownPane halfpage-down
bind -t emacs-copy C-WheelUpPane halfpage-up
bind -t emacs-copy C-WheelDownPane halfpage-down

Unfortunately bindings to Shift- or Meta-Wheel seem not to work. :-(

Thomas

Nicholas Marriott

Oct 20, 2015, 4:42:35 AM10/20/15
to Thomas Sattler, tmux-...@googlegroups.com
Most terminals do not seem to support S- and M- with the mouse.

Nathan Daly

Oct 20, 2015, 7:23:54 PM10/20/15
to Nicholas Marriott, Thomas Sattler, tmux-...@googlegroups.com
@sattler: cool idea with Ctrl to speedup!