tlaplus.net is down

James Fisher

Nov 17, 2014, 5:40:18 PM11/17/14
to tla...@googlegroups.com
I see several links on the web to pages on tlaplus.net. For example, the Wikipedia page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temporal_logic_of_actions links to the URL http://www.tlaplus.net/tools/tla-toolbox/ .

However, all HTTP requests to http://www.tlaplus.net/.. and http://tlaplus.net/.. give me a page saying "Diese Präsenz ist derzeit nicht verfügbar." Like so:

> curl -v -X GET http://www.tlaplus.net/tools/tla-toolbox/

* Hostname was NOT found in DNS cache

*   Trying 80.67.28.152...

* Connected to www.tlaplus.net (80.67.28.152) port 80 (#0)

> GET /tools/tla-toolbox/ HTTP/1.1

> Host: www.tlaplus.net

> Accept: */*

< HTTP/1.1 200 OK

< Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 22:37:09 GMT

* Server Apache/2.2.22 is not blacklisted

< Server: Apache/2.2.22

< Last-Modified: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 11:48:28 GMT

< ETag: "6ca8131-160-4f12ea2be1b00"

< Accept-Ranges: bytes

< Connection: close

<head>

<title>Nicht verf&uuml;gbar</title>

</head>

<h2>Diese Pr&auml;senz ist derzeit nicht verf&uuml;gbar.</h2>

<head>

</head>

* Closing connection 0

Leslie Lamport

Nov 18, 2014, 2:04:28 PM11/18/14
to tla...@googlegroups.com
When I search for TLA+ in Bing or Google, the first result is

which is the home page of the current TLA+ web site.  If you find a link to tlaplus.net on that site, please let me know and I will remove it.  We are not responsible for the links on Wikipedia or any other web site not belonging to Microsoft Research or the MSR-Inria Joint Center.

Leslie Lamport

On Monday, November 17, 2014 2:40:18 PM UTC-8, James Fisher wrote:
I see several links on the web to pages on tlaplus.net. For example, the Wikipedia page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temporal_logic_of_actions links to the URL http://www.tlaplus.net/tools/tla-toolbox/ .

However, all HTTP requests to http://www.tlaplus.net/.. and http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Ftlaplus.net%2F&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNGv_9MeImPWrlCeg81BtcVHcSPKbg.. give me a page saying "Diese Präsenz ist derzeit nicht verfügbar." Like so:

James Fisher

Nov 18, 2014, 3:39:05 PM11/18/14
to tla...@googlegroups.com
Hi Leslie,

It's a bit confusing because some subdomains of tlaplus.net are still running, e.g. http://bugzilla.tlaplus.net/ which is linked to from your homepage; see:

It's a bit unfortunate that tlaplus.net is dead, because apparently at some point it was the "official" homepage, and references to it have made their way into books:

(It's also unfortunate because IMHO, having a dedicated domain like tlaplus.net seems a bit more professional than a subsection of your research homepage. I'm not criticizing; that's just how it comes across.)

Best wishes,

James

Simon Zambrovski

Nov 20, 2014, 4:48:13 PM11/20/14
to tla...@googlegroups.com
Hi Leslie,

I fixed the tlaplus.net page. Sorry for inconvenince about it. It seems that you created the TLA+ community here in Google Group - so I'll delete the old forum we used for discussions back in 2010.
I'm planing to maintain the tlaplus.net further and make it an aggregation of resources pointing to different places, where TLA+ is used.

Kind regards,

Simon