Version 4.2.0.532 for TI-nSpire CX Cas Handheld and Student Software

Don

Feb 16, 2016, 2:14:16 PM2/16/16
to tinspire
The subject line says it all.  It just came out today.  I can't find a What's New list.

Marc Garneau

Feb 16, 2016, 2:16:50 PM2/16/16
to tins...@googlegroups.com
Yay! I’ve been waiting for this to be public. There are some cool new features:

Marc Garneau

On Feb 16, 2016, at 11:14 AM, Don <don.ph...@gmail.com> wrote:

The subject line says it all.  It just came out today.  I can't find a What's New list.

The tns documents shared by group members are archived at
https://sites.google.com/site/tinspiregroup/classroom-news/welcome-abouttime

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "tinspire" group.

Adriweb

Feb 16, 2016, 2:29:34 PM2/16/16
to tinspire
And even more that aren't mentioned in this changelog :P

Sean Bird

Feb 16, 2016, 2:32:01 PM2/16/16
to tinspire
Here is a little file that I put together to help lead some exploration of the new features.

Enjoy. I know I am.
- Sean Bird
What'sNew4.2_.tns

Marc Garneau

Feb 16, 2016, 2:40:39 PM2/16/16
to tins...@googlegroups.com
By the way, 4.2 works much better on Mac’s now in terms of opening documents.

Adrien Bertrand

Feb 16, 2016, 2:42:10 PM2/16/16
to tins...@googlegroups.com
In terms of anything, in fact - at least it doesn't crash anymore for me every time there is a popup window!
(Since they finally switched to Java 1.8, I assume this is why)

Thank you,
Adrien Bertrand

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "tinspire" group.

Personal

Feb 17, 2016, 5:18:14 AM2/17/16
to tins...@googlegroups.com
Before I upgrade Navigator, I have one question.  Will this upgrade still work with the grey touchpad?  I have a class set of these older calculators that I don’t want to jeopardize my navigator not working with these calcs if I upgrade.

Thanks,

Dan

Pat Flynn

Feb 17, 2016, 2:13:39 PM2/17/16
to tinspire
Anyone having trouble upgrading your Nspire Navigator to 4.2?

Maybe this update will be out later today?

Helen Kilgour

Feb 17, 2016, 8:25:08 PM2/17/16
to tinspire
I had no problem upgrading navigator, I played with it a little to make sure it still worked and all seemed ok, it was a straight forward upgrade.
Helen

Pamela

Feb 17, 2016, 9:01:59 PM2/17/16
to tinspire
You cannot use the old access point with Version 4.2.0.532....I use CX Navigator with yellow hats. I was able to update the handheld software with no issues but cannot update my Navigator software. Sad because I love the new features for the Navigator. I think I can purchase a new access point without buying the whole system again...fingers crossed.

Pamela Baker
Fayetteville High School
Fayetteville, AR

Travis Bower

Feb 17, 2016, 11:30:24 PM2/17/16
to tinspire
hhhmmm...I have the antenna access point and it works with 4.2

The tns documents shared by group members are archived at
https://sites.google.com/site/tinspiregroup/classroom-news/welcome-abouttime

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "tinspire" group.

Travis Bower
Math Teacher
Dos Pueblos High School
tbower@sbunified.org
www.dphs.org
www.sbunified.org
805.968.2541 x4538

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This is a transmission from the Santa Barbara Unified School District and may contain privileged and confidential information. It, and any attachments, are intended only for the addressee(s) . If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or duplication of this communication and its attachments is strictly prohibited by applicable state and federal law. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message and attachments.

Santa Barbara Unified School District - "Every child, every chance, every day."

Pamela

Feb 18, 2016, 6:46:40 AM2/18/16
to tins...@googlegroups.com
Did you update your Navigator software to 4.2?  TI cares advisor said it would not work.

Pamela
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "tinspire" group.

Hartman, Bruce

Feb 18, 2016, 8:54:37 AM2/18/16
to tins...@googlegroups.com
I have heard it is not recommended by TI with the old access point, but that someone did it anyway and it worked.  I didn't want to jeopardize so I got a new access point.  If someone else can verify that the 4.2 works with the old access point, please respond back!

Bruce
Confidential Notice: This email, and any attachments to it, may contain confidential information. It is intended for use by the individual or entity named as the recipient on the email. If the reader of this email is not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivery to the intended recipient, you should not read, use, copy or disseminate the information. Any unauthorized use is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please delete and destroy this communication immediately and notify the sender by "reply" or phone of the error.

Hartman, Bruce

Feb 18, 2016, 8:58:14 AM2/18/16
to tins...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone have a link to the Navigator update?  I went to Check for Updates and Notifications on the Navigator Help tab in the software and it says nothing is available.

Dennis Donovan

Feb 18, 2016, 9:16:55 AM2/18/16
to tins...@googlegroups.com
I got the same thing when I checked for updates.

To get to a page with 4.2 downloads, select a CX handheld, and Navigator Software on the first page, then the Shark Fin access point and yellow hats on the second page.

I haven't upgraded to 4.2 yet, but we got the same warning from TI about using 4.0 on the old antennae access point, but that worked fine, so fingers crossed that 4.2 will work as well.

Feb 18, 2016, 9:35:15 PM2/18/16
to tinspire
I updated without problem/
Both Win 10, and MacBookPro

Ray

Jeff Benjamin

Feb 19, 2016, 11:35:22 AM2/19/16
to tinspire
I wish TI would allow us to "shut off" the CAS features of the nspire CX CAS for testing purposes.  There are many times I would like them to use the nspires we have in class on tests, but I do not want them to have access to the CAS features!  It is not realistic to have both CAS and non CAS calculators in class.  SInce the new OS allows us to turn things on and off from our computer, it would be nice to have this!  I have asked them about it and they said they would pass along this request to the programmers.  I guess they are not listening.  Am I alone in desiring this?

A Cron

Feb 19, 2016, 12:02:35 PM2/19/16
to tins...@googlegroups.com
Requested several years ago, need many more individual requests. How about CAS/NUMERIC toggle would be great too. {Request was in person to one programmer.}

Tony

Hartman, Bruce

Feb 19, 2016, 12:20:53 PM2/19/16
to tins...@googlegroups.com
FYI... The HP Prime has this feature.... it also lets you do relations of ANY equation.... I too brought these up to TI at a TI Leadership Conference.  We got some relations (basically inverses and conic sections) with 4.2.

math...@gmail.com

Feb 19, 2016, 12:43:36 PM2/19/16
to tins...@googlegroups.com
Apparently if you have the old access points you can not upgrade. Very disappointing.

Sent from my iPhone

math...@gmail.com

Feb 19, 2016, 12:47:49 PM2/19/16
to tins...@googlegroups.com
Very disappointing.

Sent from my iPhone

Hartman, Bruce

Feb 19, 2016, 1:02:38 PM2/19/16
to tins...@googlegroups.com
I have heard some say they are using 4.0 with the old access point.  I have the new Shark fin access point.  If I get to it, I will take off and reinstall my old antenna original access oint and see if the software still communicates...

Dennis Donovan

Feb 19, 2016, 2:01:14 PM2/19/16
to tins...@googlegroups.com
I am able to use 4.2 with the old antenna access point.

To upgrade (i.e. Get a link to the 4.2 Navigator Software) you have to tell the upgrade page that you're using CX and/or CX CAS handhelds, TI-Nspire Navigator Software, the Shark fin access point and yellow "hats".

Feb 19, 2016, 2:52:18 PM2/19/16
to tinspire
I see that you can change all handhelds setting from our computer for the numeric display (fix, float, etc.), but I guess we can change all of the handheld's graph digit displays?

Hartman, Bruce

Pamela

Feb 19, 2016, 4:01:02 PM2/19/16
to tinspire
So I was feeling adventurous this afternoon and I did update my CX Navigator software to 4.2.532 despite having the antenna box access point.  IT WORKED!  And it appears to be connecting to the handhelds better than before.  Go figure!  I am not sure why TI Cares told me it was not possible.

Pamela Baker
Fayetteville High School
Fayetteville,  AR

Ray Fox