auto refresh html?

Joe McDonald

Oct 15, 2012, 5:08:04 PM10/15/12
to tincr-for-ch...@googlegroups.com
I''m using tincr with file:/// on windows.  It sees css and javascript changes and refreshes the page, but it does not refresh the page for changes in the html file.  Is there a way to tell tincr to refresh the html page as well?

Also, it says that it reloads the js files when I save them, but the js doesn't appear to be executing (i'm just doing console.log("test");  Is there a way to cause the js to execute upon reload?

Ryan Ackley

Oct 15, 2012, 5:22:19 PM10/15/12
to tincr-for-ch...@googlegroups.com
> I''m using tincr with file:/// on windows. It sees css and javascript
> changes and refreshes the page, but it does not refresh the page for changes
> in the html file. Is there a way to tell tincr to refresh the html page as
> well?

No but it's on my radar. Unfortunately, Chrome doesn't support a live
refresh of the html page but I could automatically refresh the page if
you change the html much like livereload does.

> Also, it says that it reloads the js files when I save them, but the js
> doesn't appear to be executing (i'm just doing console.log("test"); Is
> there a way to cause the js to execute upon reload?

For a live reload, I don't believe so. Again this is a limitation of Chrome.

aristidesfl

Nov 23, 2012, 6:16:39 PM11/23/12
to tincr-for-ch...@googlegroups.com
+1

aristidesfl

May 23, 2013, 11:51:42 AM5/23/13
to tincr-for-ch...@googlegroups.com
Just to confirm, tincr isn't supposed to support page reload on html changes? thanks

Ryan Ackley

May 23, 2013, 8:34:05 PM5/23/13
to tincr-for-ch...@googlegroups.com
Actually this was added in tincr 2.0. It should support this

aristidesfl

May 24, 2013, 10:33:36 AM5/24/13
to tincr-for-ch...@googlegroups.com
Then is isn't working for me…
Chrome stable on OS X
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Tincr for Chrome Devtools" group.