First TW plugin!

Nicolas Petton

Apr 27, 2020, 4:57:36 PM4/27/20
to tiddly...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I've just finished my first TW plugin:
https://nicolas.petton.fr/tw/project-manager.html

I'm completely new to TiddlyWiki, and I did this as an experiment to see
how good TiddlyWiki could be as a web application platform.

It turns out to be absolutely great, I don't think I've ever built a toy
web app that's fully working this quickly. The power of having free
persistence in the form of Tiddlers, combined with a DSL for querying
(filters), and using tiddlers as components makes app development an
absolute breeze. Not to mention that all building blocks I needed where
already builtin.

Bottom line is, TiddlyWiki is mind blowing in many ways!

Cheers,
Nico
signature.asc

Joshua Fontany

Apr 27, 2020, 6:11:27 PM4/27/20
to TiddlyWikiDev
Excellent design, both visually and data-structure wise. Welcome to the community!

I agree, TW is one of the most flexible design-environments I have ever come across. Great to see new experiments.

Best,
Joshua F

Mohammad

Apr 28, 2020, 1:20:15 AM4/28/20
to TiddlyWikiDev
Hi Nico,
 Welcome to community! Many thanks for sharing these great stuffs.

A very clean and semantic implementation. Not only the Project Manager is a very powerful tool but the beautiful theme helped
to have a clean and semantic working environment.

Minor suggestion:
- The two yellowish icons for all done and finished inbox seems not flat icon and are not compatible with theme icons. Flaticon has great free ones to fit here
- Like schedule, you may add priority
- A sort button to sort based on due date would be wonderful
- You may also ask Jeremy (if you like)  to add these to tiddlywiki.com (community)

By the way I may recommend to keep it simple and semantic this will let many users can start using it straightforward.

Hope to see more contribution from you

Best wishes
Mohammad

@David
Nico has shared three products
  • Project manager
  • Notebook theme
  • Notebook color template

Please add them to TiddlywikiToolmap.

Cheers
Mohammad

Nicolas Petton

Apr 28, 2020, 3:21:14 AM4/28/20
to Mohammad, TiddlyWikiDev
Mohammad <mohammad...@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Nico,

Hi Mohammad,

> A very clean and semantic implementation. Not only the Project Manager is a
> very powerful tool but the beautiful theme helped
> to have a clean and semantic working environment.

Thanks :)

> Minor suggestion:
> - The two yellowish icons for all done and finished inbox seems not flat
> icon and are not compatible with theme icons. Flaticon has great free ones
> to fit here

These are not icons, just utf-8 symbols, but thanks for the suggestion.

Nico
signature.asc

Mohammad

Apr 28, 2020, 4:09:48 AM4/28/20
to TiddlyWikiDev
Nico,

I announced your new tools at

That forum has more audiences as final users interested in using these great stuffs.

--Mohammad

Xavier Cazin

Apr 28, 2020, 5:17:24 AM4/28/20
to TiddlyWikiDev
Hi Nicolas,

A very elegant and useful TW5 app, thank you !

May I suggest one little improvement: in the Projects tab, it would be great if the projects were surrounded by a https://tiddlywiki.com/#DroppableWidget to easily transfer todos from the Inbox to any existing project.

Santé !
Xavier.

Mat

Apr 28, 2020, 5:26:41 AM4/28/20
to TiddlyWikiDev
Nicolas Petton wrote:
Bottom line is, TiddlyWiki is mind blowing in many ways!

Tell others!!! We need more people, especially competent people like you.

<:-)

Nicolas Petton

Apr 28, 2020, 6:08:04 AM4/28/20
to Xavier Cazin, TiddlyWikiDev
Xavier Cazin <xca...@immateriel.fr> writes:

> Hi Nicolas,

Hi Xavier,

> A very elegant and useful TW5 app, thank you !

Thanks :)

> May I suggest one little improvement: in the Projects tab, it would be
> great if the projects were surrounded by a
> https://tiddlywiki.com/#DroppableWidget to easily transfer todos from the
> Inbox to any existing project.

Great idea, I'll do that!

Cheers,
Nico
signature.asc

Nicolas Petton

Apr 28, 2020, 7:40:09 AM4/28/20
to Xavier Cazin, TiddlyWikiDev
Xavier Cazin <xca...@immateriel.fr> writes:

> May I suggest one little improvement: in the Projects tab, it would be
> great if the projects were surrounded by a
> https://tiddlywiki.com/#DroppableWidget to easily transfer todos from the
> Inbox to any existing project.

Done :)

Cheers,
Nico
signature.asc

Saq Imtiaz

Apr 28, 2020, 7:42:52 AM4/28/20
to TiddlyWikiDev
@Nicolas
 Lovely work. The ToDoist inspiration is obvious (meant in a positive way!). As someone who has been sketching out plans to replicate some of the ToDoist workflow in TW off and on for the last couple of months, but not finding the time to get to it, this is lovely. ToDoist is the only task manager to ever be effective for me, though I strongly prefer hosting my own data.

If you see yourself actually using this, and if you put this on github you can eventually expect contributions from me, though maybe not for a few weeks until other commitments ease off.

Love that I can add multiple items without having to touch the mouse, one of the things I most love about Todoist.
Would also love to get some natural language date parsing in there at some point. Thing like, "friday", "ev day", "ev sat" or "tom" etc.
Is there currently any way to add a date when adding the task?

I would also consider adding a quick add option that opens in a modal window, the advantage being there is no scrolling induced and you can add a task and continue from where you left off. https://tiddlywiki.com/#Modals:Modals%20%5B%5BWidgetMessage%3A%20tm-modal%5D%5D

An input field that lets you quick add tasks on each project page, similar to what there is for the Inbox, could be handy too.

Overall, lovely work! Thank you for sharing.
Regards,

Saq

Nicolas Petton

Apr 28, 2020, 8:21:28 AM4/28/20
to Saq Imtiaz, TiddlyWikiDev
Saq Imtiaz <saq.i...@gmail.com> writes:

> @Nicolas
> Lovely work. The ToDoist inspiration is obvious (meant in a positive
> way!). As someone who has been sketching out plans to replicate some of the
> ToDoist workflow in TW off and on for the last couple of months, but not
> finding the time to get to it, this is lovely.

Thanks Saq :)

> If you see yourself actually using this, and if you put this on github you
> can eventually expect contributions from me, though maybe not for a few
> weeks until other commitments ease off.

I haven't really thought about that, but I might as well put it on
github now.

> Is there currently any way to add a date when adding the task?

No, not at all.

> I would also consider adding a quick add option that opens in a modal
> window, the advantage being there is no scrolling induced and you can add a
> task and continue from where you left off.
> https://tiddlywiki.com/#Modals:Modals%20%5B%5BWidgetMessage%3A%20tm-modal%5D%5D

Good idea, I'll try that.

> Overall, lovely work! Thank you for sharing.

You're welcome.

Nico
signature.asc

Xavier Cazin

Apr 28, 2020, 8:46:13 AM4/28/20
to TiddlyWikiDev
Hi Nicolas,

Wonderful, plugin definitely adopted !

Thank you for sharing,
Xavier.

Nicolas Petton

Apr 28, 2020, 9:25:20 AM4/28/20
to Xavier Cazin, TiddlyWikiDev
Xavier Cazin <xca...@immateriel.fr> writes:

Hi Xavier,

> Wonderful, plugin definitely adopted !

Thanks, really glad you like it!

Nico
signature.asc

A Gloom

Apr 28, 2020, 5:36:32 PM4/28/20
to tiddly...@googlegroups.com
That was just an experiment? My experiments never look that good : )
Nice work!

Sylvain Naudin

Apr 28, 2020, 6:18:20 PM4/28/20
to TiddlyWikiDev
Bonsoir Nicolas et merci :)

That's a great first plugin ! Congrats and very impressed !

About the quick add feature, maybe hide the title and subtitle to focus on the content?

Quick try with this data-tiddler stylesheet (don't know if it is a good idea to not display or use opacity).

[data-tiddler-title^="$:/plugins/nico/pm/ui/QuickCapture"] .tc-subtitle { display:none !important; }

[data-tiddler-title^="$:/plugins/nico/pm/ui/QuickCapture"] .tc-title { display:none !important; }

Encore bravo !
Sylvain

Julio Peña

Apr 28, 2020, 6:20:13 PM4/28/20
to tiddly...@googlegroups.com
Salut Nicolas,

Ditto to what everyone has said.
Lovely piece of work!

Best wishes,
Julio

Andy Redfern

May 1, 2020, 12:25:47 PM5/1/20
to TiddlyWikiDev
Excellent plugin - makes a great addition to my personal productivity Tiddlywiki.

Do you plan to develop this further? Love to be involved in shaping how it develops.

One minor request - the datepicker widget has a showTime flag - how hard would it be to allow scheduled Tiddlers to have a time too?

Andy

Jag Talon

May 29, 2020, 9:26:01 AM5/29/20
to TiddlyWikiDev
I just ran into this, and I'm loving it so far. Thank you so much for making this!