Store.php

Jan

Mar 15, 2018, 7:36:41 PM3/15/18
to Tiddlywiki
Hi,
I tried to install install a wiki on my webspace and could not get it to
work yet.
Which Version is the best one actually.
I read some discussions about snippets of code that should be inserted.

Can anyone post a state of the art version of it.

Reading the code I asked myself whether it can be really safe. since the
passwords are stored in in the php-file which is indicated in the wiki
itself...
Or did I get this entirely wrong?

Yours Jan

Jed Carty

Mar 16, 2018, 3:23:58 AM3/16/18
to TiddlyWiki
In the sense that nothing you make accessible online is 'safe' that no, it is not safe. But in realistic terms if someone can get the contents of the php file than they have compromised your server anyway so the passwords being in plain text makes no practical difference. Normally having passwords hidden on the server is for when you want to keep the passwords hidden from the server administrator as well. Every time I look at code that runs on servers I am struck by how a few lines of code are all that keeps anything online 'secure'.

And to my knowledge tiddlywiki.com has a link to the most up to date version here https://tiddlywiki.com/static/Saving%2520on%2520a%2520PHP%2520Server.html

xanato...@gmail.com

Mar 16, 2018, 4:48:33 AM3/16/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Jan,

you can use my enhanced version of store.php that can be found on this website https://quaraman.de/tw/storephp.html .

The wikis then can also be served over https.

kind regards
QuaraMan

Jan

Mar 16, 2018, 7:10:44 AM3/16/18
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jed,
so I can set the store.php not to be read by the public, I thought this was necessary to make it work...or one reason why it did not work for me.

The link there  refers to one of the oldest versions of store.php. I thought there might be something newer.

Thanks! Jan

Am 16.03.2018 um 08:23 schrieb Jed Carty:
In the sense that nothing you make accessible online is 'safe' that no, it is not safe. But in realistic terms if someone can get the contents of the php file than they have compromised your server anyway so the passwords being in plain text makes no practical difference. Normally having passwords hidden on the server is for when you want to keep the passwords hidden from the server administrator as well. Every time I look at code that runs on servers I am struck by how a few lines of code are all that keeps anything online 'secure'.

And to my knowledge tiddlywiki.com has a link to the most up to date version here https://tiddlywiki.com/static/Saving%2520on%2520a%2520PHP%2520Server.html

Jan

Mar 16, 2018, 7:11:38 AM3/16/18
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Thanks QuaraMan,
I will try and give a report!

Jan

Jan

Mar 23, 2018, 5:37:52 PM3/23/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hi,
I am trying to host a wiki on the webspace included with my domain... and so far I am stuck
I am not quite certain with the serversettings. I tried a lot of possibilities...could this be correct? (With the slashes and everything)

The adress is: ds.telekinese.net

Erweiterte Einstellungen

Server-URL http://ds.telekinese.net/ds/store.php//
"Upload" Dateiname Index.html
"Upload" Verzeichnis altona/
"Backup" Verzeichnis sicherung/

Does the php work on standard (webspace-)servers (e.g. of https://www.1und1.de/)?
Do I have to give special permissions to files/users?
PHP Version is set to 5.6.  7.1 7.0  5.2 would also be available. Which one should I choose?

Thanks for your help
Jan

Betreff: Re: [tw] Re: Store.php
Datum: Fri, 16 Mar 2018 12:11:20 +0100