Saving a wiki as html file via nodejs tiddlywiki

karl.bopper

Apr 7, 2020, 4:11:10 PM4/7/20
to TiddlyWiki
I have tiddlywiki on nodejs, and  i'd like to get the same behavior that you get when you
click the save changes button in a browser, which for me, leads to a download of a single
html file which contains the whole wiki. Creating this html file with the full wiki is my goal.

Can i do this via console commands to the nodejs tiddlywiki ?

I've looked at the options but the explanations are to technical for me. I have no clue
what the difference between rendertiddlers, render, save, is supposed to be
or how they are to be used. All i have managed is to start the wiki and to fetch it
from tiddlyspot. I can run the server and do a manual download by accessing the
wiki in the browser. But i'd like to skip these steps and simply create the html file
directly.

Mark S.

Apr 7, 2020, 5:05:15 PM4/7/20
to TiddlyWiki
From the same directory where you launch your node.js, assuming you've installed things per tiddlywiki.com, I believe it goes like this:

tiddlywiki mywiki --output <your target dir> --build index

Your new wiki will have the name "index.html" and be found in your specified target dir. If you don't specify an output, then it puts it in mywiki/output .

If you want it to build with a different name, then you can edit your wiki's tiddlywiki.info file, and change "index.html" inside of the "build" section to something else.

Good luck!

karl.bopper

Apr 8, 2020, 6:58:02 AM4/8/20
to TiddlyWiki
Thank you, that worked.

Is it possible to apply a filter for tiddlers while doing this ?