SNR Plugin

Mohammad

Mar 7, 2019, 9:48:36 AM3/7/19
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Announcement: SNR Plugin
Date: March 7th, 2019

What is SNR?
This is a simple script, search-n-replace (SNR) to search in tiddler contents (including all fields) for a search-Value and replace them with replace-Value.
It even can make search-n-replace in tiddler titles.

Demo: https://kookma.github.io/SNR/      (permanent site)

Main discussion can be seen here:

SNR1
 SNR1 is the first version of search-n-replace which is based on pure Tiddlywiki macro and does not use regular expression. It can be found here

Feedback
I highly appreciate your comments, idea and feedback on this new tool.

Best
Mohammad

Mohammad

Mar 7, 2019, 9:51:57 AM3/7/19
to TiddlyWiki
SNR is part of Tiddler Commander. In new update of Commander
the SNR can be found under SNR operation tab.

--Mohammad

@TiddlyTweeter

Mar 7, 2019, 2:36:59 PM3/7/19
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Ciao Mohammad

Excellent! The new version handles everything, even """. Its a full regular expression engine! Brilliant!

It is problematic we are currently unable to insert \n or \t because in TW we often need to insert blank lines.
Hopefully someone will have a solution?

It is also a minor issue that escape of \$ does not work (in replace, not match).
For instance $1 in replace inserts Capture Group 1 from the match.
That works well.
But if you need to suppress that behaviour via \$1 to get the literal it doesn't work.

Best wishes
Josiah

Mohammad

Mar 7, 2019, 2:44:37 PM3/7/19
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks Josiah for the feedback!

I will record these issues to see if I can find a solution!
Jeremy hint on adding and inserting newline is great, but it needs alot of programming
as I have to scan the replaceWith text box and find all \n and then convert then to a newline
using Jeremy hint!

By the way, I think SNR is a very powerful and can do amazing job in Tiddlywiki, thats because it
can search and replace in any filed you can imagine from text, tags, to tiddler title.

Cheers
Mohammad

@TiddlyTweeter

Mar 7, 2019, 2:47:03 PM3/7/19
to TiddlyWiki
Ciao Mohammad

I have developed a few regular expressions that illustrate both beginner and more advanced use in TW.

My problem is how to get them to you! :-)
What I mean is they really need some kind of data structure for the different settings or it will get too complicated to be useful.

Any thoughts?

Best wishes
Josiah

Mohammad

Mar 7, 2019, 2:49:19 PM3/7/19
to TiddlyWiki
Josiah,
 Could you give an example of this issue!
In my test, it seems it works! Check the flags!

--Mohammad

Mohammad

Mar 7, 2019, 2:50:36 PM3/7/19
to TiddlyWiki
That's great.

I appreciate if you send them to my email. It would be great if we can add some examples as tutorial.

--Mohammad

@TiddlyTweeter

Mar 7, 2019, 3:11:23 PM3/7/19
to TiddlyWiki
I will. Over weekend. J

Mohammad wrote:
I appreciate if you send them to my email. It would be great if we can add some examples as tutorial.I will

@TiddlyTweeter

Mar 7, 2019, 3:17:43 PM3/7/19
to TiddlyWiki
Mohammad

Here is an example. The Group Capture works fine. But stopping it doesn't work.

Hopefully the images make it clearer?

Right ...

{451C469E-E8FC-400F-A11F-BA1D4C400B5D}.png.jpg

Wrong ...

{945574FE-7B98-4385-9143-D7BBE7D39B6E}.png.jpg

Best wishes
Josiah

Jan

Mar 7, 2019, 4:32:51 PM3/7/19
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mohammpad
very useful work. Chapeau!
Would it be possible to create a version which allows to set a filter instead of applying it to one tiddler?

Yours Jan

Announcement: SNR Plugin

Mohammad

Mar 7, 2019, 4:43:34 PM3/7/19
to TiddlyWiki
Yes,
 Check the latest Tiddler Commander!
It will be uploaded within next 15 minutes

--Mohammad

BurningTreeC

Mar 12, 2019, 11:17:00 AM3/12/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Mohammad, one question, is the first, simple snr still somewhere to find, the one without regular expressions?

all the best,
btc

@TiddlyTweeter

Mar 12, 2019, 11:54:53 AM3/12/19
to TiddlyWiki
BTC

My Two Cents.

As someone very keen on Regular Expressions I agree with you.

I'm doubtful most users will find them that useful.

Best wishes
Josiah

Mohammad

Mar 12, 2019, 2:29:38 PM3/12/19