Create plugin library from plugins published at GitHub

Mohammad

Sep 15, 2019, 9:18:04 AM9/15/19
to TiddlyWiki
I have seen some developers create their own plugin libraries! I have seen description by Jeremy to do so if you like to distribute your plugins
but I could not find instruction how to create such library!

Considering you have plugins published on GitHub how it is possible to create a plugin library?

--Mohammad

Jed Carty

Sep 15, 2019, 1:08:03 PM9/15/19
to TiddlyWiki
I do not know where you want the plugin library to be, but to make a plugin library like the official one you could download the plugins and make the library as described here: http://inmysocks.tiddlyspot.com/#Making%20a%20Plugin%20Library

If you wanted you could use the bob plugin library and twederbob, in that case you can fetch plugins directly from github using the interface in the control panel.

Message has been deleted

Mohammad

Sep 15, 2019, 3:21:20 PM9/15/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Jed,
 Many thanks for your great instruction at inmysocks.tiddlyspot.com
I keep plugins on GitHub! and like official or your plugin libraries lets user install plugin!

--Mohammad

Matthew Lauber

Sep 16, 2019, 8:46:07 AM9/16/19
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
I've created a github plugin library template here:  https://github.com/mklauber/tw5-plugins-template  You should be able to follow the setup instructions in the README.md and put your plugins into the plugin folder.

Matt Lauber

Edit: Note, this requires setting up github and travis-ci.

Mohammad

Sep 16, 2019, 9:26:49 AM9/16/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Matt

Thank you! Hopefully I have already set up travis-ci + github

Mohammad

Mar 5, 2020, 11:47:04 AM3/5/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hello Mat,
 I gonna to create an feature request on GitHub
Your template is great and I was successful in creating a plugin library!
By the way it does not work with Tiddlywiki 5.1.22p

I suggest the .travis.yml shall modified as below

 before_install:
- git clone --depth 1 https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5.git
  - cd TiddlyWiki5
  - npm link
  - cd ..

But then I got errors in Travis.

--Mohammad

Mohammad

Mar 5, 2020, 12:36:20 PM3/5/20
to TiddlyWiki
Jed,
 Is it possible to to keep plugins on local disk and set the url like

For me it does not work, but in the tutorial it was said, you can create a local plugin library.

--Mohammad

Mohammad

Mar 5, 2020, 1:47:47 PM3/5/20
to TiddlyWiki
Mat, seems it works if the .travis.yml revised as below

script:
  - mkdir -p node_modules/tiddlywiki/plugins/published/
  - cp -r plugins/* node_modules/tiddlywiki/plugins/published
  - tiddlywiki . --output output/library --build library
  - tiddlywiki . --output output --build gui

Mohammad