A filed with multi-line edit box (textbox)

Mohammad

Aug 6, 2018, 5:04:15 PM8/6/18
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
In TW each filed has a single line textbox to get its value. Is there any way to have a filed with multiline textbox?

Purpose:
 I want to add a note filed to all tiddlers tagged with slide and be able to show its wikified content by transclusion inside tiddler for example using a button or mouse hover.
I know there are some comment plugin like what is introduced in TW 5.1.18-pre but I don't want such capability and such functionality.

Some discussion before: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/tiddlywikidev/hh3oVxUcB5I/XxjmE5TbAwAJ

Mohammad

Mat

Aug 6, 2018, 5:22:39 PM8/6/18
to TiddlyWiki
You add a conditional viewtemplate.

Here's the basic idea:

title: edittemplate/note
tags
: $:/tags/EditTemplate
list
-after:
text
:
<$list filter="[is[current]tag[slide]]">
<$edittext field=note tag=textarea>
</$list>

title: viewtemplate/
note
tags
: $:/tags/ViewTemplate
list
-after:
text
:
<$list filter="[is[current]tag[slide]]">
<$wikfiy name=note text={{!!note}}>
<<note>>
</
$list>

title
: stylesheet/note
tags
: $:/tags/Stylesheet
text
:
.hover-to-show {min-height:1em; font-size:0; visibility:hidden;}
.hover-to-show:hover {font-size:inherit; visibility:visible;}

Again, just the basic idea. I'm sure you'd have to fiddle with it to get it to work properly (or at all - didn't try it).

<:-)

Mohammad

Aug 6, 2018, 5:33:04 PM8/6/18
to TiddlyWiki
Wow!
 Thank you Mat!
This is great! Let me to play and get back to you with my feedback.

Mohammad

Mohammad

Aug 6, 2018, 5:44:38 PM8/6/18
to TiddlyWiki
Mat!

The <$edittext shall be
<$edit-text

Still I cant see note on the test tiddler tagged with slide!

Mohammad

Mohammad

Aug 6, 2018, 5:46:55 PM8/6/18
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Ah This is also needs a minor correction

<$wikifiy name=note text={{!!note}}>
<<note>>
</$wikify>