Trashbin plugin: New update with new features

Mohammad

Mar 27, 2020, 5:26:26 PM3/27/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Announcement: Trashbin Plugin
Date: Mar 28th, 2020
Release: 1.1.1

This is to announce the new release of Trashbin plugin. It has several new features and is much more stable. All issues reported during last year have been address.
Spacial thanks to HC Haase for his ideas, help and great comments.

The recommended method for installation is to download the attached Kookma Plugin Library (.tid) and drag and drop to your empty wiki!

If you like it, go to Code page and give star!
Feedback, ideas and comments are welcome

--Mohammad

Trashbin Plugin

26th March 2020 at 12:05am
docstart

Tiddlywiki5.1.21+

LicenseMIT

Release1.1.0

Statusstable

What is Trashbin plugin?

The concept behind Trashbin plugin is to have a simple mechanism to move deleted tiddlers to Trashbin and be able to restore them later if required.

Trashbin helps restore unwanted or accidentally deleted tiddlers.

Tutorials

The Trashbin Tutorial is the starting point to learn more about plugin features, help, demo and examples. See below for online pages.

Install

From the below three methods for installing trashbin plugin, select any suitable method you like.

I. Use plugin library

The simplest method is to have the Kookma Plugin Library which acts exactly like Official Plugin Library

  1. Drag and drop $:/config/KookmaPluginLibrary into your wiki
  2. Open $:/ControlPanelPlugins tab and the click on big button Get more plugins
  3. Click open library under Kookma Plugin Library
  4. Find trashbin and click install, or reinstall if you update trashbin
  5. Save and reload your wiki
II. Standalone configuration

Follow these instructions when using Tiddlywiki as a standalone HTML file:

  1. Drag and drop $:/plugins/kookma/trashbin into your wiki
  2. Save and reload your wiki
III. Client-Server configuration

Follow these instructions when using Tiddlywiki under Node.js:

  1. Download the trashbin folder
    • To download you can go to https://github.com/kookma/TW-Trashbin, and click on Clone or download
    • After downloaing the source code, take the plugin from source folder and copy and paste it into kookma folder under your Tiddlywiki plugins folder
    • If you have not kookma folder, create it in your Tiddlywiki plugins folder
  2. Quit the server if it is running
  3. Add it to your wiki of choice
    1. Edit the tiddlywiki.info file (it is in JSON format) and locate the plugins section (see below)
    2. Add entries corresponding to the plugins you wish to add. Here add trashbin
    3. Take care to retain commas to separate items, but do not terminate the last item in a list with a comma
  4. Restart the server

{
	"plugins": [
		"tiddlywiki/codemirror",
		"kookma/trashbin"
	],
	"themes": [
		"tiddlywiki/vanilla",
		"tiddlywiki/snowwhite"
	],
    "languages": [
        "en-EN"
    ]
}

For local installation under Node.js,
i. quit the server if it is runing,
ii. put the trashbin folder into your local plugins folder under your wiki folder,
iii. restart the server.

Code and demo

It is highly recommended to backup your data before trying any new plugin! Do it before installing trashbin.

More information

History

Revision 1.1.0

  • 27th Mar, 2020
  • [NEW] development moved to latest Thirdflow plugin
  • [NEW] trashbin works for tiddler in edit mode
  • [NEW] number of item in trashbin is displayed in sidebar
  • [NEW] optional preview of trash items
  • [NEW] handle missing tiddlers
  • [NEW] sort trash items based on date deleted, title both acsending and decsending
  • [NEW] the list of trash items shows date deleted of each item
  • [FIXED] minor issues in code optimization

For all changes see ChangeLog

Acknowledgement

  • TonyM for his great idea on using restore button on sidebar tab
  • HC Haase for idea and comments on release 1.1.0

Ref:

Kookma Plugin Library.tid

TonyM

Mar 27, 2020, 7:56:21 PM3/27/20
to TiddlyWiki
Mohammad

The trash bin tutorial link in the text above goes to a local address.

Thanks for this and its maintenance.

Regards
Tony

Mohammad

Mar 28, 2020, 2:33:03 AM3/28/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Tony,
 That is true! This is a copy paste of plugin tutorial.

Use the links under code and demo

--Mohammad

TonyM

Mar 28, 2020, 3:34:52 AM3/28/20
to TiddlyWiki
Mohammad,

I did go to the demo. Just pointing it out. Before you post in Gmail/Google Forums you can remove the link

In this case the link I see is trivial, but it can give away IP address or other info inside your LAN if you are not careful

http%3A%2F%2F127.0.0.1%3A9999%2F%23Trashbin%2520Tutorial

Regards
Tony

Mohammad

Mar 28, 2020, 3:52:48 AM3/28/20
to TiddlyWiki
That is true!

But maintaining all of these is take consuming! If I fix all issues with Kookma Plugin library, I will just send a short notes to forum about new updates and will not duplicate
the changelog here! Interested people can go to the demo site and see details

Thank you for feedback

--Mohammad

Mohammad

Mar 28, 2020, 4:09:53 AM3/28/20
to TiddlyWiki
A minor issue in plugin.info fixed! See original post

--Mohammad

Date: Mar 28th, 2020
Release: 1.1.0

Mohammad

Mar 29, 2020, 1:16:00 PM3/29/20
to TiddlyWiki
Announcement: Trashbin Plugin
Date: Mar 29th, 2020
Release: 1.2.0

A bug release is out there!
--Mohammad

HC Haase

Mar 30, 2020, 9:13:21 AM3/30/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
This is a very nice update. and thank for the flatering mentioning :)

I have updated my mod so it is compatible with this version of the trashbin plugin. the mod intergrate trashbin and the simple version plugin

@Mohammad

maybe you could link to it from the plugin site so people can find it? (feel free to put it in your plugin if you like ;)

Mohammad

Mar 30, 2020, 9:33:29 AM3/30/20
to TiddlyWiki

On Monday, March 30, 2020 at 5:43:21 PM UTC+4:30, HC Haase wrote:
This is a very nice update. and thank for the flatering mentioning :)

I have updated my mod so it is compatible with this version of the trashbin plugin. the mod intergrate trashbin and the simple version plugin

@Mohammad

maybe you could link to it from the plugin site so people can find it? (feel free to put it in your plugin if you like ;)
Sure, I will add it to first page! If you like to have a special note, just let me know!

--Mohammad

HC Haase

Apr 3, 2020, 7:55:35 AM4/3/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
I have updated my mod so it is compatible with the new v1.2.1 version of the trashbin plugin. the mod intergrate trashbin and the simple version plugin

Pit.W.

Apr 6, 2020, 1:33:56 PM4/6/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com

Mohammad,

just a tiny little proposal, if you find the time for further updates:

Could there be a function to customize the colour of the trashbin icon in the view-toolbar and the edit-toolbar?

(I am using the plugin in MANY TWs, with different palettes)

Pi.W

Ihre E-Mail-Postfächer sicher & zentral an einem Ort. Jetzt wechseln und alte E-Mail-Adresse mitnehmen! https://www.eclipso.de

Message has been deleted

Mohammad

Apr 6, 2020, 3:08:09 PM4/6/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi again Pi.W,
 Please forget my previous post!

In the Trashbin 1.2.1, there is a tiddler to set the colors of buttons!

Simply open

  $:/plugins/kookma/trashbin/styles/toolbar-buttons

tag it with $:/tags/Stylesheet

That is all!  You can change the color to meet your requirements!

--Mohammad
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tiddl...@googlegroups.com.

Pit.W.

Apr 6, 2020, 4:44:08 PM4/6/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com

Mohammad,

if I may be allowed to say: "You are a really cool frood who knows where his towel is"

42

Thanks,

Pit.W

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/0fe15a5d-a809-4648-b922-8b3b911d9f41%40googlegroups.com.

Mohammad

Apr 6, 2020, 5:16:35 PM4/6/20
to TiddlyWiki
Thank you Pit.W :-)

Glad you case resolved! ;-)

--Mohammad

Sylvain Naudin

Apr 7, 2020, 1:58:03 PM4/7/20
to TiddlyWiki

Le vendredi 3 avril 2020 13:55:35 UTC+2, HC Haase a écrit :
I have updated my mod so it is compatible with the new v1.2.1 version of the trashbin plugin. the mod intergrate trashbin and the simple version plugin

I'll have a look on it. Thank for the reminder.

Just notice on demo this duplicate tab :

and this : tiddelrs > tiddlers :)

Cheers,
Sylvain

Mohammad

Apr 10, 2020, 6:39:38 AM4/10/20
to TiddlyWiki
Announcement: Trashbin Plugin
Date: Apr 10th, 2020
Release: 1.2.2

This is a minor fix issue update to follow the Tiddlywiki standard for deleting draft of tiddler! See
https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/issues/3008
To update, those who have Kookma Plugin Library, simply open their $:/ControlPanel, Plugins, Add more plugin, Kookma Plugin Library and pres reinstall!
No hassle anymore!

Cheers
Mohammad

Peter Buyze

Apr 10, 2020, 6:55:34 AM4/10/20
to TiddlyWiki forum
Mohammad,
I made a small mistake: I dragged the plug-in from the Kookma website, it is v. 1.2.1. Should I uninstall, then reinstall 1.2.2 or will it not make much of a difference?

--
Securely sent with Tutanota. Get your own encrypted, ad-free mailbox:

10 Apr 2020, 13:39 by mohammad...@gmail.com:

Mohammad Rahmani

Apr 10, 2020, 7:07:12 AM4/10/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Let me check!

Best wishes
Mohammad

Mohammad Rahmani

Apr 10, 2020, 7:11:48 AM4/10/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Please reinstall! There was a mistake on my side!
Forgot to update plugin.info

Best wishes
Mohammad

Peter Buyze

Apr 10, 2020, 7:19:51 AM4/10/20
to TiddlyWiki forum
Please forgive my ignorance, but ……
  1. Uninstallation involves deleting the tiddler from the plug-ins section in control panel. I did that but the Trashbin stays. Please advise.
  2. Where can I find v. 1.2.2?

10 Apr 2020, 14:11 by mohammad...@gmail.com:

Mohammad Rahmani

Apr 10, 2020, 7:24:31 AM4/10/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Peter,
 Ones you delete a plugin, save your wiki and reload

The latest update can be found at:

Best wishes
Mohammad

Peter Buyze

Apr 10, 2020, 7:36:26 AM4/10/20
to TiddlyWiki forum
OK, I did the reload from TW with the circular button and that did not do the trick, so, following your reply, I closed my TW and reopened it, and that worked.

Now, the link you sent me is where I downloaded from and it gave me 1.2.1.

10 Apr 2020, 14:24 by mohammad...@gmail.com:

Mohammad Rahmani

Apr 10, 2020, 8:12:59 AM4/10/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Good! So, you got it working!

Best wishes
Mohammad

Peter Buyze

Apr 10, 2020, 8:16:03 AM4/10/20
to TiddlyWiki forum
Mohammad, that was 1.2.1. Your link is to 1.2.1 NOT to 1.2.2
Please tell me where to find 1.2.2.

--
Securely sent with Tutanota. Get your own encrypted, ad-free mailbox:

10 Apr 2020, 15:12 by mohammad...@gmail.com:

Mohammad Rahmani

Apr 10, 2020, 8:21:30 AM4/10/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
You may need to refresh your browser! For most browser it is ctrl+F5
The link I sent was correct. https://kookma.github.io/TW-Trashbin/

Best wishes
Mohammad

Peter Buyze

Apr 10, 2020, 8:25:53 AM4/10/20
to TiddlyWiki forum
OK, 1.2.2 is now installed. Many thanks for your help and esp. your patience !!

--
Securely sent with Tutanota. Get your own encrypted, ad-free mailbox:

10 Apr 2020, 15:21 by mohammad...@gmail.com:

Peter Buyze

Apr 10, 2020, 8:34:45 AM4/10/20
to TiddlyWiki forum
On my tiddlers in the Edit toolbar I now have 2 delete bins. In the Control panel I unchecked the one for "delete" and left the one for "move to trashbin". Then I saved, closed TW and reloaded.
Nevertheless, the unchecked one stays in the Edit toolbar.

How can I get rid of the one?

10 Apr 2020, 15:21 by mohammad...@gmail.com:
You may need to refresh your browser! For most browser it is ctrl+F5

Mohammad Rahmani

Apr 10, 2020, 8:56:45 AM4/10/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Peter,
 Goto $:/ControlPanel, Appearance tab, and select Toolbars
 Then from the Edit Toolbar, deselect the delete button!

That's all!

Best wishes
Mohammad

Peter Buyze

Apr 10, 2020, 9:38:00 AM4/10/20
to TiddlyWiki forum
That's what I did twice but it does not work.

--
Securely sent with Tutanota. Get your own encrypted, ad-free mailbox:

10 Apr 2020, 15:56 by mohammad...@gmail.com:

Mohammad

Apr 10, 2020, 9:47:28 AM4/10/20
to TiddlyWiki
Peter,
 In control panel you have

- View Toolbar
- Edit Toolbar

Have you disabled the delete button in both toolbar?

There is no need to reload! If you failed, try this on empty.html from tiddlywiki.com and let me know if the issue is still there!

--Mohammad

Peter Buyze

Apr 10, 2020, 10:52:50 AM4/10/20
to TiddlyWiki forum
Ah, I did not delete in the View toolbar. My apologies.

10 Apr 2020, 16:47 by mohammad...@gmail.com:

Mohammad Rahmani

Apr 10, 2020, 10:59:50 AM4/10/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Good! Finally you got it working!

Best wishes
Mohammad

Peter Buyze

Apr 10, 2020, 11:01:40 AM4/10/20
to TiddlyWiki forum
Yes, thanks Mohammad.

Last thing: are plug-ins automatically updated in TW or does the user have to do it manually? If it is manual, how does one know there is an update?

--
Securely sent with Tutanota. Get your own encrypted, ad-free mailbox:

10 Apr 2020, 17:59 by mohammad...@gmail.com:

Mohammad Rahmani

Apr 10, 2020, 11:06:07 AM4/10/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Jeremy can answer this question better than me! But

  • for third party plugins, you have to manually update them
  • the official plugins pushed when a new release of Tiddlywiki is available, so it seems there is no update between two releases

Best wishes
Mohammad