TW5 - List of tiddlers with field check box

RickL

Oct 7, 2015, 2:07:41 PM10/7/15
to TiddlyWiki
I'm sure this can be done but I don't have the coding skills to do it.

I know how to use the list-links macro to get a list of all relevant tiddlers, say all tagged project. I can also add to said filter to get all tagged with a certain field, say priority "a".

<<list-links filter:"[tag[project]priority[a]]">>

I also know the same thing can be done using the list filter.

What I would like is the ability to see a list of all tiddlers tagged project, with their priority in a check box next to them, with the ability to change said priority at that check box - all in the same tiddler.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to make this happen?

Jed's solution to the Multiple tag fields discussion seems like a start but I don't know how to make it work.

Please let me know if this is not a clear description.

Matabele

Oct 7, 2015, 10:18:22 PM10/7/15
to TiddlyWiki
Hi

I came across a similar usage case when developing my version of a 'GTD' type application. I chose to use fields rather than tags to implement the functionality (leaving the tags field empty for other purposes.) This involved the use of a list of checkboxes (based upon fields) reflecting the folders in which the ticklers were contained.

I posted two wikis (old beta versions of TW5) which should provide ideas for solving your problem -- they may be found here and here.

regards

Tobias Beer

Oct 8, 2015, 6:20:44 AM10/8/15
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi RickL,

I just created an equivalent for cycletags from TW2 for TW5:

Best wishes,

— tb

RickL

Oct 8, 2015, 3:36:54 PM10/8/15
to TiddlyWiki
Looks like a great solution...I am trying to understand how it works!

RickL

Oct 8, 2015, 3:42:14 PM10/8/15
to TiddlyWiki
This is what I am looking for and I prefer the use of tags when possible. I am going to add this to my TW and see if I can get it working!

Thanks for your help

On Thursday, October 8, 2015 at 6:20:44 AM UTC-4, Tobias Beer wrote:
Hi RickL,

I just created an equivalent for cycletags from TW2 in TW5:

Tobias Beer

Oct 8, 2015, 4:07:39 PM10/8/15
to TiddlyWiki
Hi RickL,

While adding another example,
I realized that one bit of code was not there yet
...to set a custom button label.

So, please grab the update (of the macro) from here...

...and check out the example for the custom button label
showing the currently applied tag and then a > button to cycle to the next one.

Best wishes,

— tb

Matabele

Oct 9, 2015, 9:53:31 AM10/9/15
to TiddlyWiki
Hi

There's another way to cycle tags -- demo here.

I'm busy updating my button widgets (will publish soon) but I think the same technique could be implemented using standard action widgets (which ween't available at that time.)

regards

RickL

Oct 9, 2015, 10:55:27 AM10/9/15
to TiddlyWiki
This looks like a great solution but I need some instructions/help to make it work...All I get is Target List in bold ...what's missing?
Message has been deleted

RickL

Nov 5, 2015, 9:29:55 AM11/5/15
to TiddlyWiki

I am using the cycle tags macro in a TW5 Task List to track projects and tasks.

I have a master list of tasks, some tied to projects and some not.

Also, for each project, I have a list of tasks for said project.

The cycle tags macro works fine in the master list of tasks, but I noticed when I try to have the same function in the project list of tasks the macro will not perform properly.

See example here and let me know if you can spot the problem.

Thanks for any help

Tobias Beer

Nov 5, 2015, 4:21:39 PM11/5/15
to TiddlyWiki
Hi RickL,

There are a few issues with your example.

@Jeremy: The reason why the project list doesn't update is because (oddly?!?) TiddlyWiki appears to not refresh the list item when you modify the tiddler associated with it, which it should, imho. To actually force it to do so, wrap the cycletags macro in the tiddler widget like so:

<$tiddler tiddler=<<currentTiddler>>>
<
<cycletags "A B C W" prio label:">" class:"tc-btn-invisible next-prio">>
</$tiddler>

Not exactly sure I understand how / why (the output of) cycletags forgets its context (tiddler) when run or how to prevent it from doing so.

Pay attention to parameters. In your code you specify "class=class-name" instead of "class:class-name".

I would not recommend placing styles within list iterations. Use a global stylesheet tiddler instead.

Eventually, when you output a table, all elements within a tr need to be (wrapped with) either td's or th's, otherwise you break the table layout.

Best wishes,

Tobias.

RickL

Nov 6, 2015, 6:42:34 AM11/6/15
to TiddlyWiki

On Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 4:21:39 PM UTC-5, Tobias Beer wrote:
Hi RickL,

There are a few issues with your example.

@Jeremy: The reason why the project list doesn't update is because (oddly?!?) TiddlyWiki appears to not refresh the list item when you modify the tiddler associated with it, which it should, imho. To actually force it to do so, wrap the cycletags macro in the tiddler widget like so:

<$tiddler tiddler=<<currentTiddler>>>
<
<cycletags "A B C W" prio label:">" class:"tc-btn-invisible next-prio">>
</$tiddler>

That works - thanks!

Not exactly sure I understand how / why (the output of) cycletags forgets its context (tiddler) when run or how to prevent it from doing so.

Pay attention to parameters. In your code you specify "class=class-name" instead of "class:class-name".

I would not recommend placing styles within list iterations. Use a global stylesheet tiddler instead.

Eventually, when you output a table, all elements within a tr need to be (wrapped with) either td's or th's, otherwise you break the table layout.

Best wishes,

Tobias.

Thanks for your help and suggestions...obviously I have lots to learn about java-script and coding, as I have no clue how to make the changes you suggest. I mostly just take other examples and play around with them until I get them to do what I want .
"Use a global style sheet tiddler..."  can you point me to an example.

Thanks
Rick
Message has been deleted

RickL

Nov 6, 2015, 4:45:39 PM11/6/15
to TiddlyWiki
I did some reading about global stylesheets, and I understand your comment a bit better.

Is it possible to set the field text color of a specific field globally for the entire TW, so must this be done at the tiddler level?

Thanks

Tobias Beer

Nov 7, 2015, 3:40:07 AM11/7/15
to TiddlyWiki
Hi RickL,

Is it possible to set the field text color of a specific field globally for the entire TW, so must this be done at the tiddler level?

I believe, currently, there is no way to style individual fields in the editor except those that already are special, e.g. tags and type. What do you have in mind precisely?

Best wishes,

— tb

RickL

Nov 11, 2015, 1:43:03 PM11/11/15
to TiddlyWiki
As you can see by my example, I have the due dates for Tasks in red.
Your comment  - "I would not recommend placing styles within list iterations. Use a global stylesheet tiddler instead." made me think I should be doing this differently but not sure how to do it.

Tobias Beer

Nov 11, 2015, 7:49:25 PM11/11/15
to TiddlyWiki
Hi RickL,

As you can see by my example, I have the due dates for Tasks in red.
Your comment  - "I would not recommend placing styles within list iterations. Use a global stylesheet tiddler instead." made me think I should be doing this differently but not sure how to do it.

Ah, I can see now that my own example gave the "inline styles". Now, just to be clear, those do work. I posted them that way so you would immediately see results after copy & paste. I would always put those in a custom StyleSheet, if only to have but one spot where to define my own styles (regarding a specific thing).

In terms of coloring, there are differences between viewing something and editing that. Unless truly needed, styling individual fields in the edit-template is harder than in view-mode. So far, we've only talked about view-mode, which is where I would do what I recommended above. If we are actually talking about edit-mode, then we need a different approach.

So, you want to style precisely:
  1. What?
  2. When?
  3. Why?
Best wishes,

— tb

RickL

Nov 16, 2015, 2:28:24 PM11/16/15
to TiddlyWiki
I want the conents of the "due" field to display in color - currently red

Thanks