[TW5] Announcing the release of TiddlyWiki v5.1.14

Jeremy Ruston

Apr 26, 2017, 12:23:27 PM4/26/17
to TiddlyWiki
I’m delighted to announce the belated release of TiddlyWiki version 5.1.14:

Remember to keep careful backups before upgrading existing 5.x.x wikis at:

There are many, many improvements and new features in this version. Highlights include:

* Much improved drag and drop support
* A new tiddler manager to speed up reviewing and editing tiddlers
* Optional automatic relinking of references to renamed tiddlers
* Many new and improved filter operators, including a several new string encoding operators
* Added support for saving with the new Beaker Browser
* Several new plugins:
** The SaveTrail plugin automatically saves your work in the background to guard against data loss
** The QR code generator plugin generates QR codes from text
** The BibTeX importer plugin allows TiddlyWiki to import BibTeX files
** The XLSX Utilities plugin allows TiddlyWiki to extract tiddlers from spreadsheet files
* Many much requested smaller improvements:
** A select all/none checkbox in the header of the import panel
** A “close plugin library” button
** Improved display of plugin tiddlers
** Bigger icons for advanced search
** A new “sticky” mode for the info panel

Full details of all the changes can be found in the release note:

My sincere thanks to the many people who have contributed to this substantial release.

As usual, feedback and questions are welcome,

Best wishes

Jeremy.

--
Jeremy Ruston
mailto:jeremy...@gmail.com

Lost Admin

Apr 26, 2017, 12:36:14 PM4/26/17
to TiddlyWiki, Tiddl...@googlegroups.com, jeremy...@gmail.com
Awesome! Really, I'm still in awe that something so robust as tiddlywiki can be made as a single page html document.

I use some of Ton's plugins and I might have added one of Tobias' as well. Any worries about compatibility?

Mat

Apr 26, 2017, 12:43:58 PM4/26/17
to TiddlyWiki, Tiddl...@googlegroups.com, jeremy...@gmail.com
YEEEE-HAAWWWWW   -   BIG THANKS JEREMY!!!!

I totally love TW. (...oh, people already knew that? ;-)

<:-) <:-) <:-) <:-)

Xavier Cazin

Apr 26, 2017, 12:44:55 PM4/26/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeremy,

Wonderful. Congratulations for this beautiful release, full of very useful additions.

-- Xavier Cazin

Ton Gerner

Apr 26, 2017, 12:47:44 PM4/26/17
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Jeremy,

Awesome. Thanks a lot.

Ton

Rob Hoelz

Apr 26, 2017, 2:20:00 PM4/26/17
to TiddlyWiki, Tiddl...@googlegroups.com, jeremy...@gmail.com
This looks fantastic - great work!

This is the first time I'm upgrading after converting to a node-based version of my wiki - is it really as simple as "npm upgrade tiddlywiki"?  I tried that but now I'm getting a "$tw.utils.replaceString is not defined" error; is there something I need to do to update my wiki's core tiddlers, or is does TiddlyWiki detect and handle that itself?  Perhaps I have a plugin installed that is causing issues?

Xavier Cazin

Apr 27, 2017, 3:35:33 AM4/27/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rob,

The npm stance that works for me in most situation is:

npm update -g tiddlywiki

Hope this helps,
Xavier.

Jeff Vance

Apr 27, 2017, 3:24:22 PM4/27/17
to TiddlyWiki, Tiddl...@googlegroups.com, jeremy...@gmail.com
I'm confused by the following claimed update:  "Optional automatic relinking of references to renamed tiddlers"

Is that referring to the checkbox to rename the tags and list field entries that contain that tiddler?  When I first read that, I thought it meant it would update standard links to the new tiddler name, but I just tested it and I see no option for that.  Any existing links will still link to the original name.  But maybe that was never the goal and I misunderstood.

JV

HansWobbe

Apr 29, 2017, 1:09:44 AM4/29/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com, Tiddl...@googlegroups.com, jeremy...@gmail.com
Many, many Thanks!

Jeremy Ruston

Apr 29, 2017, 3:32:25 AM4/29/17
to Jeff Vance, TiddlyWiki
Hi Jeff

I'm confused by the following claimed update:  "Optional automatic relinking of references to renamed tiddlers"

Is that referring to the checkbox to rename the tags and list field entries that contain that tiddler?  When I first read that, I thought it meant it would update standard links to the new tiddler name, but I just tested it and I see no option for that.  Any existing links will still link to the original name.  But maybe that was never the goal and I misunderstood.

Yes, that is correct. We may extend the mechanism to relink handle hard links in the future.

Best wishes

Jeremy

JV

Thomas Elmiger

May 1, 2017, 6:24:42 AM5/1/17
to TiddlyWiki, Tiddl...@googlegroups.com, jeremy...@gmail.com
Hi,

I am confused by the description of the new filter operator suffix has:field as it seems that the examples filter the opposite of what is stated in the documentation.
http://tiddlywiki.com/#has%20Operator

To me, the examples make sense, the documentation does not. It would be very logical, if the parts marked yellow could be removed/added in the docs:

output
suffix field
» those input tiddlers in which field F does not exist
! output

suffix field
» those input tiddlers in which field F does not exists

Am I missing something?

This is just a detail – many thanks for the great new version anyway!!!

Cheers,
Thomas

Jeremy Ruston

May 1, 2017, 6:37:08 AM5/1/17
to Thomas Elmiger, TiddlyWiki
Hi Thomas

That text actually precedes 5.1.14, I’ve raised a query on tobibeer’s commit over on GitHub:

Best wishes

jeremy.