Use an image as a site title but keep the text for the browser tab

bar to

Dec 21, 2017, 7:17:56 AM12/21/17
to TiddlyWiki
I probably searched everywhere but couldn't find an answer.

I have a picture as the site title, that works great but the text in the browser tab now just looks like this " --- Subtitle".
How can i use a Site Title and still keep the picture?

TonyM

Dec 21, 2017, 8:05:30 AM12/21/17
to TiddlyWiki
Where is the "site title" image displayed

TonyM

Dec 21, 2017, 8:08:35 AM12/21/17
to TiddlyWiki
Sorry. Premature posting prior.

Where does this "site image" appear and what purpose does it serve?.

I expect you can remove the image from where you put it and display it another way to the same end.

Regards
Tony

Jed Carty

Dec 21, 2017, 8:27:57 AM12/21/17
to TiddlyWiki
If you want to be able to set the text on the browser tab and to put an image in that place on the wiki itself the simplest way is unfortunately to edit the tiddler $:/core/ui/PageTemplate/sidebar
A few lines from the top there is the line

<$transclude tiddler="$:/SiteTitle" mode="inline"/>

replace that with the code to display the image you want.

It isn't a very clean solution but it should work. And if something breaks you can just delete the tiddler $:/core/ui/PageTemplate/sidebar to reset it to normal.

There may be a nicer way but I don't think so. I am pretty certain that the text displayed by the browser tab is taken directly from the $:/SiteTitle tiddler so changing that would take more than just editing a template.

bar to

Dec 21, 2017, 8:28:47 AM12/21/17
to TiddlyWiki
See attached image :)
So can i use a normal text site title instead and put the image at the exakt same place in another way?
tiddlywiki.PNG

bar to

Dec 21, 2017, 8:34:46 AM12/21/17
to TiddlyWiki
Thats what i'm looking for. Thanks a lot.

Måns Mårtensson

Dec 21, 2017, 8:40:04 AM12/21/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I do it like this:

In SiteTitle:

In the Subtitle:

Seems to work fine.

Enjoy
Cheers Måns

Jed Carty

Dec 21, 2017, 8:51:51 AM12/21/17
to TiddlyWiki
Måns,

That is a much nicer solution than mine. How did you find out that you can do that? I would never have thought to try anything like that.

Måns

Dec 21, 2017, 9:02:57 AM12/21/17
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Jed

>How did you find out that you can do that?

I'm afraid I don't remember :)
I am sure I found out how to do it in TWClassic years ago.
Someone on this group showed me how.
Maybe it was @Eric S ?

Cheers Måns

TonyM

Dec 21, 2017, 6:25:38 PM12/21/17
to TiddlyWiki
bar to,

I am now on my desktop.

I suggest create a tiddler displaying the logo using the code as suggested by others then tag that tiddler $:/tags/TopRightBar

The Image will appear in the top right and you can customise your title and subtitle how ever you want. Including blank or style smaller etc...

I use the Browser tab title name text Set in shadow tiddler $:/core/wiki/title
To set a shorter and meaningful name for the browser tab, and delete the existing

$:/favicon.ico and rename my own image to $:/favicon.ico

Regards Tony