Malformed File Import URI on Windows 8/IE10 (Attn: Eric)

Scott Simmons

Feb 16, 2013, 3:48:55 AM2/16/13
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Previously, Eric explained how malformed URIs were causing import failures in most modern browsers except IE.

Now that I'm using IE10 on Windows 8, I'm encountering the same issue.  Browsing to and selecting this file, for example:

C:\TiddlyWikis\MyTiddlyWiki.html

... results in the pathname field being filled with:

file:///C:/TiddlyWikis/C:/TiddlyWikis/MyTiddlyWiki.html

(Note the repetition of the full path before the filename.)

Also worth noting: On Win8/IE10 I can no longer import from TWs in other directories.  It looks IE has caught up to Firefox and Chrome in this regard.  :(
Message has been deleted