$:/StoyList $:/HistoryList how they behave?

Mohammad

Jul 27, 2018, 2:29:29 PM7/27/18
to TiddlyWiki
Does somebody can explain how the story list and history list work?

If you put the below code in a tab in side bar and then click on different link you will see different behavior!

* ''History list'': {{$:/HistoryList!!current-tiddler}}
* ''Story list first item'': {{{ [list[$:/StoryList]first[]] }}}

Is this depend on the story view (zoomin classic popup) or not?

Mohammad

Mark S.

Jul 27, 2018, 9:26:21 PM7/27/18
to TiddlyWiki
The History shows the last thing you opened or clicked on.

The story list (as you have it set here) shows the first item in the list of open tiddlers. WHAT actually shows up will depend on "Tiddler Opening Behaviour" under control settings.

I've wondered what use you could make of the History list. I suppose a navigator that would scroll you backwards through the tiddlers you've opened would be useful.

-- Mark

Mohammad

Jul 28, 2018, 12:23:26 AM7/28/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hello Mark,

Well yes, I use them in my Tiddlyshow App.
When I click on presentation mode (full sceen + zoomin) I can navigate by forward/backward buttons. On the exit, I switch back to classic story view (or what ever story view before presentation mode).
If you back to classic story view, the top tiddler in story river (e.g. the first in $:/StoryList) gets focused but what you left was the current-tiddler in $:/HistoryList. So there is a confusion when you switch
between zoomin and classic (or popup) story view.

If you click a link, the HistoryList always get updated, but the update of StoryList depends to the link you click! If it was already somewhere in the list (StoryList) nothing will be happened!

Mohammad

Mohammad

Jul 28, 2018, 4:21:49 AM7/28/18
to TiddlyWiki
Update

I played with switching from zoomin to classic and vice versa in TW 5.1.18-pre.
It seems there is different mechanism used for different story view (at least zoomin and classic)! In zoomin story view you have the tiddler recently clicked in focus while switching to classic story view navigate to the tiddler in top of story river!

This is confusing when you switch back and forth!

Mohammad

PMario

Jul 28, 2018, 4:30:15 AM7/28/18
to TiddlyWiki
On Saturday, July 28, 2018 at 10:21:49 AM UTC+2, Mohammad wrote:

In zoomin story view you have the tiddler recently clicked in focus while switching to classic story view navigate to the tiddler in top of story river!

This is confusing when you switch back and forth!

Switching between different story-views doesn't sync "story/history-state" ... IMO mainly because, when it was developed, nobody thought about all the possible use-cases ...

So I'm pretty sure, pull requests, that improve the existing behaviour would be accepted. ... Once we are sure, how it should behave in a consistent way.

have fun!
mario

Mohammad

Jul 28, 2018, 5:19:34 AM7/28/18
to TiddlyWiki
Thank you Mario!
I was working whole the two previous days and it was quite confusing when you switching between different story view!
I will create a pull request!

Mohammad