D&D 5e SRD Plugins

Matthew Lauber

Jan 13, 2019, 5:00:20 PM1/13/19
to TiddlyWiki
All,

A discussion came up about using tiddlywiki for managing D&D and similar table top games.  I realized I've created/collected a variety of tools for D&D 5e, and I should probably share them.  Attached is a tiddlywiki with a few plugins.  The first, D&D Creature Manager adds rendering of monster stat blocks in html format.  The other two contain the 5e SRD monsters and spells.  I wanted to share these in hopes of seeing what people come up with for RPGs.  My dream is to publish an entire D& module as a TW with encounters, NPCs, maps, and the like all included.

Thanks,
Matt
5eSRD.html

Dave Gifford - http://www.giffmex.org/

Jan 13, 2019, 6:27:07 PM1/13/19
to TiddlyWiki
When this gets a permanent home, let me know and I will add it to the toolmap

Reece Shaw

Jan 13, 2019, 9:46:29 PM1/13/19
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks for posting this Matt, it will serve as a good example for my pathfinder 2nd edition plans.

-Reece, the discord guy

@TiddlyTweeter

Jan 14, 2019, 9:39:25 AM1/14/19
to TiddlyWiki
Its good to see that. Its rich and i think could be helpful to RPGers. There a number of them using TW well. They tend to speak more on TiddlyWiki on Twitter than here.

Best wishes
@TiddlyTweeter

Matthew Lauber

Jan 14, 2019, 10:32:12 AM1/14/19
to TiddlyWiki
Dave,
   All three plugins are available from https://mklauber.github.io/tw5-plugins/ plugin library.  The source for each is below:
Matt

barro...@gmail.com

Jan 18, 2019, 1:10:22 AM1/18/19
to TiddlyWiki
Nice, thank you for sharing!  I shall br studying your work to see what ideas could help with my project

My dream is to publish an entire D& module as a TW with encounters, NPCs, maps, and the like all included.

Definitely follow through with your plan-- it is possible.  I'm in the process of making a demo walkthrough of missions for video games using TW (using a world building/video game content designer edition I'm designing).

Matthew Lauber

Jan 19, 2019, 6:22:14 PM1/19/19
to TiddlyWiki
I've created a new plugin for DMs.  Similar to the site fantasynamegnerators.com, this plugin will generate random NPC names.  It also creates the names as links you can click to quickly add NPCs.

barro...@gmail.com

Jan 19, 2019, 8:03:23 PM1/19/19
to TiddlyWiki
I've created a new plugin for DMs.  Similar to the site fantasynamegnerators.com, this plugin will generate random NPC names.  It also creates the names as links you can click to quickly add NPCs.

Most excellent-- you're going to keep me busy studying your work : )  You don't mind your work being incorporated into other wiki's as plug-ins? (Credit and links to creators' site/TW's is always given).  My TW edition is slated more toward world building for video game development which isn't much differemnt than for table top games just with video game specific expansions.  The count filters topic I posted shows a auto updating master tally sheet for the entire wiki.

Matthew Lauber

Jan 19, 2019, 10:33:30 PM1/19/19
to TiddlyWiki
Please absolutely use my plugins.  That's why I'm publishing them, and why I'm trying to build such a large library of them.  The random name generator include the shuffle filter from another of my plugins, so if you have another list of things you'd want to randomize, feel free to take a look at how I'm using it, and the documentation here: https://mklauber.github.io/tw5-plugins/#Shuffle%20Operator

barro...@gmail.com

Jan 20, 2019, 1:37:21 AM1/20/19
to TiddlyWiki

Please absolutely use my plugins.  That's why I'm publishing them, and why I'm trying to build such a large library of them.  The random name generator include the shuffle filter from another of my plugins, so if you have another list of things you'd want to randomize, feel free to take a look at how I'm using it, and the documentation here: https://mklauber.github.io/tw5-plugins/#Shuffle%20Operator

Nice, that I could use for Looking Glass-- a browser based RP adventure presentation (presenting DM adventure content to players in an online role playing environment).  Some screenshots of it before it melted down - https://groups.google.com/d/msg/tiddlywiki/lnpDr2z2Jc0/IvaCZQB3BgAJ

Dave Gifford - http://www.giffmex.org/

Jan 23, 2019, 5:31:35 PM1/23/19
to TiddlyWiki
oops sorry for not catching this until now. I added these three together to the Toolmap under Fun and Games. https://dynalist.io/d/zUP-nIWu2FFoXH-oM7L7d9DM#z=aB5Q-BFLO1eNe4gKn_sLTYJG

Joshua Fontany

Jan 30, 2019, 6:13:52 PM1/30/19
to TiddlyWiki
These are great! I am refactoring a few tools I made a while ago into more modern tiddlywiki-style methods. The end-goal being a "GamemasterWiki" campaign manager, where the GM can build up logical structure to represent the game world, game rules, and campaign events using Widgets, wikitext, etc. These are great inspiration, thanks!

Best,
Joshua F