FileDropPlugin and FF15.0.1

julien23

Oct 8, 2012, 4:14:44 AM10/8/12
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi all

It looks like I can't drop anymore under FF15.0.1 (+ TiddlyFox 1.0alpha3)

Is FileDropPlugin ?

Thanks

Julien

julien23

Oct 10, 2012, 3:57:08 AM10/10/12
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi all

missing word and question ... sorry

is FileDropPlugin broken under FF15.0.1 ?

my configuration :
  • Win7 x64
  • FF 15.0.1
  • TW 2.6.2
  • FileDropPlugin 2.1.4
  • TiddlyFox 1.0alpha3
  • TiddlySnip 1.21-cbr beta
Thanks

Julien

julien23

Oct 26, 2012, 3:07:32 PM10/26/12
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi all

Sorry to ask again but I can't find the answer anywhere and FileDropPlugin is one of my most usefull plugin...

Can someone please tell whether FileDropPlugin does or does not work with FF15 ?

Thank you

Julien

Mark S.

Oct 30, 2012, 10:43:37 PM10/30/12
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com

FDP can be configured in different ways, so you might need to explain what you mean by "doesn't work" and also if you are using it on a "new" Firefox installation or an old one. Apparently if you upgraded from say FF14 to FF15,  things are not broken as badly as if you put FF15 on a new machine.

On my setup, with a pre-existing FF upgraded to 15.0.1 , FDP is only slightly broken. I can drag an image file onto the TW, and it makes a new tiddler. However, the image associated with the tiddler no longer displays automatically.

That is, if I dragged c:\temp\dummy.jpg onto TW, I get the tiddler that includes

  [img[dummy.jpg]]

But "dummy.jpg" no longer displays.

I have to fix the the long path like this:

  file://c:/temp/dummy.jpg

below

  !file

in the attachment tiddler. Then it works.

If I drag a text document onto the TW, a new tiddler is made and the text is inserted as before.

Mark

Mark S.

Oct 30, 2012, 10:52:58 PM10/30/12
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
If I create a new personality in FF, then FDP doesn't work at all. Any image dropped on the TW will display the image in a separate tab and no tiddler is created. It would be nice to know what the "magic" settings are that are grandfathered on upgrades but not on brand new installs or personalities.

Mark

julien23

Oct 31, 2012, 3:44:39 AM10/31/12
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mark

Thank you for answering

explain what you mean by "doesn't work"
When I drop dummy.jpg in my TW it does not create a new tiddler [[dummy.jpg]]but replace the TW by the image in the browser's tab.
.. the  same as you experienced with brand new installs or personalities.

Julien

julien23

Jan 7, 2013, 8:33:38 AM1/7/13
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi all

Still no clue why fileDropPluging would no work on brand new FF15+ installs or personalities ?

Thank you

Julien